Spotify Connect

• So I installed the addon and set up everything. It's working great. I have the first zip you uploaded. I will try to upgrade this evening. This is so great to be able to use spotify connect on a rpi!

Thanks for making the addon!

• Yes i've downloaded your zip file and installed this via Kodi addons-menu (from the zip)
    I've uploaded a photo for you. You can see the "30005-Bitrate" on it. This was directly after updating. If i'm using the down-arrow the next bitrate is 320, 160, 90 (but not blank).
    With 30005 set up the server isn't starting.
    I think labels are correct.

Foto 04.08.16, 09 33 27.jpg - directupload.net

I can't reproduce this problem.
    I will address it if it remains with release 100, which should soon be available from the LibreELEC repository.
    Thank you for your patience.

• I can't reproduce this problem.
    I will address it if it remains with release 100, which should soon be available from the LibreELEC repository.
    Thank you for your patience.

No Problem mate. We have to thank you for making Spotify Connect available via an addon. It's so simple for endusers. Thank you very much.

320kbit is working great!

• Thank you for creating this plugin, i have been waiting for this for a long time :)
    I use Libreelec v7 with kodi kyrpton. Additionally i installed a hifiberry digi+.
    Unfortunately i get no sound when i connect to libreelec. Neither via the hifiberry nor hdmi or headphone jack.

Is there anything i have to write in the mixer or hw field?

Thank you in advance.

• Thank you for creating this plugin, i have been waiting for this for a long time :)
    I use Libreelec v7 with kodi kyrpton. Additionally i installed a hifiberry digi+.
    Unfortunately i get no sound when i connect to libreelec. Neither via the hifiberry nor hdmi or headphone jack.

Is there anything i have to write in the mixer or hw field?

Thank you in advance.

Hello topix,

I have no hifiberry device, so I can't experiment myself.
    I therefore need you to provide me the output of the following console commands commands:
    1. cat /flash/config.txt
    2. aplay -l
    3. aplay -L
    4. dtoverlay hifiberry-digi
    5. aplay -l
    6. aplay -L

Incidentally, to assess another issue mentioned by Dom4Jack, would you be so kind to tell me what bit rates are available in the addon settings (blank, 90, 160, 320 or 30005, 90, 160, 320).

Thank you in advance

• Hello awiouy.
    This is what my raspberry told me:

Thanks for your help.

The bitrates offered by the plugin are: 320, 160, 90, blank.

• Hello awiouy.
    This is what my raspberry told me:

Thanks for your help.

The bitrates offered by the plugin are: 320, 160, 90, blank.

According to your output, playback device should be hw:0,0

Incidentally, your output also shows that the addon did not reach the point where it enable the onboard alsa interface.
    The addon expects a spotify_appkey.key in its home folder.
    Could you check that this is indeed the case.
    To consult the addon's log: journalctl -u service.spotify-connect-web.

As for the mixer, I am trying to find it out.
    I have acquired a hifiberry DAC+. I managed to have it play, but I have not been able to set the volume, yet

Thank you for the bit rates
    [hr]

No Problem mate. We have to thank you for making Spotify Connect available via an addon. It's so simple for endusers. Thank you very much.

320kbit is working great!

Hello Dom4Jack,

topix could not reproduce your problem, either.
    Maybe unistalling/reinstalling the addon will fix it.
    Incidentally, release 100 is available from the LibreELEC repository.

Let me know.

• Hi awiouy.
    Inserting hw: 0,0 works perfectly for me.
    I don't think it is necessary to add some values to the mixer setting.

This plugin works really nice.
    Thank you!

• Got this working first time with no issue. It's working seamlessly with three different Spotify accounts at home.

Thank you for all the time spent getting it working, it's very cool to finally have!

• I've seen people who waited 3 weeks and didn't even get an appkey. I've filled in the form yesterday and haven't received anything yet. Why can't we just use 1 appkey for the add-on? Thats what an appkey is ment for right?

I could not find an authorized Spotify document that supports your assumption (this is the best I could find: 358170).

I would nevertheless gladly add your key to the addon, if you provide it to me.

• I could not find an authorized Spotify document that supports your assumption (this is the best I could find: 358170).

I would nevertheless gladly add your key to the addon, if you provide it to me.

You can probably use it but you need to keep it in the encoded source code instead of some config file because people can copy the app key and use it in their own application. When their application violates spotify rules the owner of the key will get a fine/ban.

So it is possible but you need to hide it in a non open-source/encoded file.

• You can probably use it but you need to keep it in the encoded source code instead of some config file because people can copy the app key and use it in their own application. When their application violates spotify rules the owner of the key will get a fine/ban.

So it is possible but you need to hide it in a non open-source/encoded file.

I do not know how to do this with LibreELEC. If you know, submit a PR. Thank you in advance.