How to change files on Read-only file system

• HiassofT , I've installed it, the WiFi is working out of the box once again. And it works well. I've tried Youtube plugin, Twitch plugin, it's stable and the stream at 1080p is fluid.

I did notice, however, that the bluetooth isn't working. I haven't even tested bluetooth in the previous build, but since you've mentioned it - I figured I'd give it a shot. I've enabled it in the services, and went into Bluetooth section, only to receive a message: "No Bluetooth adapter found". I've tried to connect multiple different devices: headphones, smartphone, bluetooth keyboard. They couldn't see eachother. I then rebooted, and Bluetooth displayed message: "Bluetooth is disabled", even though it was enabled in the Services. I then disabled and re-enabled bluetooth only to receive "No Bluetooth adapter found" message again.
    In case this helps, here's my dmesg: http://ix.io/1vbr

I'm not using bluetooth, and I have no intention to use it on my device, so I'm OK with this build, but if you want me to test future builds for you, I'm more than happy to do that since you've already helped me massively by fixing the WiFi.

• sandin I noticed in your log that you still have /storage/.cache/kernel-overlays/90-my-firmware.conf present - you can drop that now.

dmesg isn't showing any bluetooth adapters, so probably yet another kernel config option is missing.

Can you check if you get Bluetooth with Linux Mint? If it works there please post dmesg, journalctl -a, lsmod and lspci output from the working setup. This should provide some more hints.

so long,

Hias

• I might be doing something wrong, but it seems that bluetooth is still showing me the same message: "No Bluetooth adapter found".

dmesg: http://ix.io/1vhz

I can give it a shot by copying the driver files from Mint. Basically doing the same thing I did with wifi drivers. This would give a clue whether the issue is with incompatible drivers or with the system itself. Your thoughts?

• Ah, no, I'm quite sure you didn't do anything wrong and missing firmware files are also (very certainly) not an issue - brcm/BCM4345C0.hcd was also missing in Mint but BT worked without it.

The issue is very certainly that the serial driver needed by your Atom CPU/board was missing and that the number of serial ports was limited to 4.

Can you check if this build works? libreelec-generic.x86_64-9.0-devel-20181205221534-01837ae.tar

I've changed the serial kernel options to (about) match with current Debian/Ubuntu configs which adds hopefully all options needed for your box.

so long,

Hias

• Well, you've done it again. Bluetooth is also working now. I'm really enjoying my box now with trial boot (Mint 19, Windows 10 and LibreELEC), and everything working on every system.
    Thank you for all the help!
    If you still want me to test future builds, just send me the link, I'll gladly give you any feedback on the new builds.

• Thanks a lot for the feedback and for your patience testing all those builds!

I think we should be settled now, tomorrow's Milhouse build will include the necessary changes to make bluetooth working on your box and if I didn't mess up and break other stuff they will be included in the next LibreELEC alpha/beta release as well.

so long,

Hias

• I just flew over the thread and was thinking of a tool that i use on a different project called freetz...

They offer mini_fo to cover read only files and make them changeable and changes get stored on rw filesystem for next start

Would that be something?

• I did all this, however the skin was not available in addons->my addons->look and feel->skin

Doing an add-on update didn't work.

I had to reboot first...

Then it worked.

Thanks for the great info.

• Well, you've done it again. Bluetooth is also working now. I'm really enjoying my box now with trial boot (Mint 19, Windows 10 and LibreELEC), and everything working on every system.
    Thank you for all the help!
    If you still want me to test future builds, just send me the link, I'll gladly give you any feedback on the new builds.

Friend leave here the details of which mini PC you are using.

I'm tired of the amlogic boxes, Android tv box. They all suffer from the same problems,: the firmware outdates quickly, updates come spotty, if ever, you’ll depend on the hacker scene to get Kodi going with all codecs and features, DRM problems with Netflix and Amazon, limited support of external hardware, missing drivers, etc.

• Friend leave here the details of which mini PC you are using.

I'm tired of the amlogic boxes, Android tv box. They all suffer from the same problems,: the firmware outdates quickly, updates come spotty, if ever, you’ll depend on the hacker scene to get Kodi going with all codecs and features, DRM problems with Netflix and Amazon, limited support of external hardware, missing drivers, etc.

If 4K and HDR aren't high priorities for you then I have a nice box running on the AtomicPi, very cheap and capable little board with a nice little 4+4W digital amp onboard. Needs a bit of diy skills to get it going.
    However running Windows on it would be problematic so the DRM issues might not be resolved. Unless you splash for a NUC its unlikely that any of the little miniPC's running atom or Pentium chips will address all your needs.

Shoog

• If 4K and HDR aren't high priorities for you then I have a nice box running on the AtomicPi, very cheap and capable little board with a nice little 4+4W digital amp onboard. Needs a bit of diy skills to get it going.
    However running Windows on it would be problematic so the DRM issues might not be resolved. Unless you splash for a NUC its unlikely that any of the little miniPC's running atom or Pentium chips will address all your needs.

Shoog

Windows 10 is important for netflix, DVBViewer among other friends.

The mini pc comes with case, source just need a remote control with gyro to work the same as this Android TV box.

Mini PC 4GB/64GB

Only 1080p 60hz and important to me

Edited once, last by erbas (October 13, 2019 at 4:26 AM).

• HiassofT:

I ran into the following problem and need your help:

Under LibreELEC v9.2.3 I've installed an AddOn which is giving an error: "Error(s): /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.26' not found (required by /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/game.retroarch/cores/mupen64plus_next_libretro.so)"

To solve this issue, I want to replace it with an updated version of libstdc++.so.6.0 which has `GLIBCXX_3.4.26' included. Fortunately, there actually is one, "Lakka" in its current version comes with libstdc++.so.6.0.27, so in my opinion the solution is to use it with "LibreELEC" v.9.2.3" by renaming it to libstdc++.so.6.0.25, but I don't know how to "integrate" it properly into LE's Read-only file system.

Your suggestion regarding using the kernel overlay approach seems the right way to go, but as a NOOB, I'm struggling with the details. The "original" libstdc++.so.6.0.25 that is shipped with "LibreELEC v9.2.3" is located in "/usr/lib/".

Could you please give me a step-by-step solution describing which folders I must create in which path and which content a .conf file must have?

Thank you in advance!

• Most certainly you installed a wrong/incompatible addon, you should not run into that when using addons from the official LE repository.

Trying to work around that by swapping out libraries on LE will only create more problems, so don't do that - only install addons that are compatible with LE 9.2

so long,

Hias

• But with the "Gamestarter" addon, "Mupen64plus" is working fine! See here

However, as I've read that "Mupen64Plus next" has even better performance than "Mupen64 Plus", I would prefer using this core, unfortunately, I can't because of the problems related to the wrong version of libstdc++.so.6.0 "LibreELEC 9.2" is shipped with :(