Posts by Mister Floppy

Hi guys,

Cross Compiling and Build Systems is not working!

I'm trying to Implement a driver in the current version 9.2.3 of LibreELEC for RaspberryPi 4, there are detailed instructions for this at Implementing xpadneo drivers for future releases ? , however, the process of compiling is terminated because of the following error message:

"NOTE: if in doubt, on Unix-ish system use './config'.

FAILURE: scripts/build openssl:host during configure_host (package.mk)

**************** FAILED COMMAND ******************

./Configure $PKG_CONFIGURE_OPTS_HOST $PKG_CONFIGURE_OPTS_SHARED linux-${MACHINE_HARDWARE_NAME} $CFLAGS $LDFLAGS"

Using a RaspberryPi with "RaspberryPi OS Buster" as my Linux platform (I've tried it under Gentoo Linux. too), I've followed exactly the step-by-step instructions given by basilean in his thread, but unfortunately, after having entered "PROJECT=RPi DEVICE=RPi4 ARCH=arm scripts/build xpadneo" for building the package, I waited until the prompt appeared in the end again, however, I didn't get a file named "hid-xpadneo.ko".

I'm assuming this is because of the compilation error related to the openssl issue, so I've tried modifying the makeinstall_target() function in packages/security/openssl/package.mk the way it is described in a posting at Openssl compilation issue , but the compilation error still persists.

I've even contacted basilean directly, however, he seems not be visiting this forum anymore. :(

I apologize that in this case I don't know how I can produce a log file giving more informations what went wrong ...

I'm totally clueless how to solve these problems. Could you please help me?

I'm thankful for any hint!

Hi guys,

I need your help - coming from the "Windows world", I'm a Linux NOOB, so please have mercy with me :)

Using a RaspberryPi with "Buster" as my Linux platform, I've followed exactly the step-by-step instructions in post #4 , but unfortunately, after having entered "PROJECT=RPi DEVICE=RPi2 ARCH=arm scripts/build xpadneo" for building the package, I waited until the prompt appeared in the end again, however, I didn't get a file named "hid-xpadneo.ko" .

I can see that the last text in the terminal program says the following:

"NOTE: if in doubt, on Unix-ish system use './config'.

FAILURE: scripts/build openssl:host during configure_host (package.mk)

./Configure $PKG_CONFIGURE_OPTS_HOST $PKG_CONFIGURE_OPTS_SHARED linux-${MACHINE_HARDWARE_NAME} $CFLAGS $LDFLAGS

${SCRIPTS}/build "${p}" "${PARENT_PKG}"

************************************************************"

I apologize that I don't know how I can produce a log file giving more informations what went wrong ...

I'm totally clueless how to solve these problems. Could you please help me?

I'm thankful for any hint!

I'm using LibreELEC 9.2.3 on a RaspberryPi 4. When a video is playing and I choose "Add bookmark", it produces only a "black" picture at the timestamp without any visual content.

(However, running the same LE version on a RaspberryPi 3B, adding bookmarks produces proper pictures with content at the timestamp.)

Please fix this bug on RB4, thank you in advance!

@bite_your_idols:

As stated in several postings above, when using your "Gamestarter" addon with "RetroArch"s' core "Mupen64Plus Next" under "LibreELEC v.9.2.3" (and also under its previous versions 9.2.0 and 9.2.1) on a RaspberryPi 4, there are some incompatibility problems producing errors like "/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.26' not found (required by /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/game.retroarch/cores/mupen64plus_next_libretro.so)"..

To solve this issue, I had the idea to "manually" replace it with an updated version of libstdc++.so.6.0 which has `GLIBCXX_3.4.26' included. Actually, there is one, "Lakka" in its current version comes with libstdc++.so.6.0.27, so in my opinion the solution was to use it with "LibreELEC" v.9.2.3" by renaming it to libstdc++.so.6.0.25, but I didn't know how to "integrate" it properly into LE's Read-only file system ...

I contacted one of the developers of "KODI under "LibreELEC" , "Hiassoft", for help, but he pointed out that "most certainly I installed a wrong/incompatible addon" and "trying to work around that by swapping out libraries on LE will only create more problems, and I should only install addons that are compatible with LE 9.2 by using from the official LE repository". See here.

I've also tried other suggested cores, for example "Parallel N64", but unfortunately there are incompatibilities between "Gamestarter" and "Libre ELEC v9.2", too :(

As a NOOB, I don't know what to do next, of course I would love to continue using your excellent addon!

Could you please have a look into the problems mentioned above? Maybe you could contact "Hiassoft" directly and you both find a solution together?

Thank you in advance for your feedback!

HiassofT:

I ran into the following problem and need your help:

Under LibreELEC v9.2.3 I've installed an AddOn which is giving an error: "Error(s): /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.26' not found (required by /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/game.retroarch/cores/mupen64plus_next_libretro.so)"

To solve this issue, I want to replace it with an updated version of libstdc++.so.6.0 which has `GLIBCXX_3.4.26' included. Fortunately, there actually is one, "Lakka" in its current version comes with libstdc++.so.6.0.27, so in my opinion the solution is to use it with "LibreELEC" v.9.2.3" by renaming it to libstdc++.so.6.0.25, but I don't know how to "integrate" it properly into LE's Read-only file system.

Your suggestion regarding using the kernel overlay approach seems the right way to go, but as a NOOB, I'm struggling with the details. The "original" libstdc++.so.6.0.25 that is shipped with "LibreELEC v9.2.3" is located in "/usr/lib/".

Could you please give me a step-by-step solution describing which folders I must create in which path and which content a .conf file must have?

Thank you in advance!

Mario77

I'm using the cores downloaded from the "RetroArch" addon setting via "Download Libretto cores full package". Maybe that's the cause for the problem?

Okay, following the other option and to first get a "clean" start, I've tried the following:

- I logged into "LibreElec" via SSH

- I deleted all files under "\storage\.kodi\userdata\addon_data\game.retroarch\cores\"

When then running "RetroArch" and selecting "Load Core/Download a core" in the menu, a list of cores is displayed. but there are no entries for "Nintendo N64" - I've searched through the whole list, but apparently these cores are missing. (Other cores, for example, "Nintendo - SNES / SFC (Snes9x - Current)" are there, can be installed and are working fine with games made for this console).

What can i do now?

Error "GLIBCXX_3.4.26' not found

Hi guys,

I've installed the gamestarter addon on my RaspberryPie 4 under "LibreElec v9.2.3 (KODI v18.7)".

When trying to load a Nintendo N64 game with "RetroArch v9.186.20" " using "Mupen64Plus Next" as core, I'm getting the error message "Failed to load Libretro Core"

The log file has an entry saying "Error(s): /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.26' not found (required by /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/game.retroarch/cores/mupen64plus_next_libretro.so)"

I've attached the packed files "retroarch.cfg" and "retroarch.log".

Being a NOOB regarding this issue, I'm totally clueless how to solve this problem and would appreciate if someone could help. Thank you in advance!

No video after the splash screen/bootloop with RPi3B and LibreELEC 9.1.501 when using composite output instead of HDMI

Since this issue (which was introduced with LibreELEC 9.1.002) isn't still resolved and was mentioned by HiassofT last month and the month before here and here , too, could someone please give an ETA for a patch?

For further investigation, please look into my bug report here

Thank you in advance!

BTW: It's a bit annoying that this beta version with such an issue is offered and installed automatically when the options are checked in the LibreELEC configuration section, and after the reboot, users going this way will see nothing else than a black screen...

Hello,

LibreELEC 9.1.002 introduced a bug (all previous versions inclusive 9.1.001 are workfing fine) with RPi3B: it causes a bootloop right after the splash screen ("LibreELEC Just enough OS for KODI") has shown up when using composite output instead of HDMI!

As long as HDMI is connected, "KODI" is starting without any problems, but when I try to use the composite output alone, the problems mentioned before occur. I've also tried it with several modifications of the config.txt like "sdtv_mode=2 # PAL" and/or "hdmi_ignore_hotplug=1", but that makes no difference...

I've attached log files and would appreciate if someone could have a look at it to find a bugfix - thank you in advance!

@Hias; Thank you again for helping me!

As I'm considering myself a "NOOB" following suggestons like "stopping KODI and eventlircd" (whereby I don't have an idea how to prevent LibreELEC from starting KODI, or closing KODI but staying in LibreELEC) and am a little afraid of breaking a running system, let me please ask some questions first:

I stumbled about a posting in the section "LE9.0 remote configs ir-keytable Amlogic devices" where an user has published his config for the Wetek Play 2 remote control with detailed instructions, see here: LE9.0 remote configs ir-keytable Amlogic devices

Would that procedure also work under "LibreELEC (Leia) v8.90.009 ALPHA" or are some other steps needed?

And if "yes": would the problem with the not supported longpress actions be solved this way or are there any other "work-arounds" for it?