Cross Compiling and Build Systems not working

• Hi guys,

Cross Compiling and Build Systems is not working!

I'm trying to Implement a driver in the current version 9.2.3 of LibreELEC for RaspberryPi 4, there are detailed instructions for this at Implementing xpadneo drivers for future releases ? , however, the process of compiling is terminated because of the following error message:

"NOTE: if in doubt, on Unix-ish system use './config'.

FAILURE: scripts/build openssl:host during configure_host (package.mk)

**************** FAILED COMMAND ******************

./Configure $PKG_CONFIGURE_OPTS_HOST $PKG_CONFIGURE_OPTS_SHARED linux-${MACHINE_HARDWARE_NAME} $CFLAGS $LDFLAGS"

Using a RaspberryPi with "RaspberryPi OS Buster" as my Linux platform (I've tried it under Gentoo Linux. too), I've followed exactly the step-by-step instructions given by basilean in his thread, but unfortunately, after having entered "PROJECT=RPi DEVICE=RPi4 ARCH=arm scripts/build xpadneo" for building the package, I waited until the prompt appeared in the end again, however, I didn't get a file named "hid-xpadneo.ko".

I'm assuming this is because of the compilation error related to the openssl issue, so I've tried modifying the makeinstall_target() function in packages/security/openssl/package.mk the way it is described in a posting at Openssl compilation issue , but the compilation error still persists.

I've even contacted basilean directly, however, he seems not be visiting this forum anymore. :(

I apologize that in this case I don't know how I can produce a log file giving more informations what went wrong ...

I'm totally clueless how to solve these problems. Could you please help me?

I'm thankful for any hint!

Edited once, last by Mister Floppy (August 11, 2020 at 4:28 PM).

• If you try to compile 9.2 branch you need Ubuntu 18.04, otherwise you get problems at compiling (or using the docker images we provide).

Master branch works for Ubuntu 20.04.

for the xpadneo driver you need to modify the package.mk a bit that it works (just tested for master build)

• Thank you very, very much!

I will try your solution and report back later in the evening.

But before please let me ask one question: Does this work with the latest version 9.2.4 of LibreELEC for RaspberryPi 4 that came out today?