Posts by wcndave

"Run" mode is the intended one.

Expanding disk is broken for GPT in LE11, see Vmware discussion here. Maybe the work around to increase the disk size of a fresh OVA is working too in Vbox.

Untested manual fix possibility from LE: Boot a fresh OVA into "installer". Press Alt-F3 to get the debug shell. Execute parted /dev/sda and allow to repair the disk. Reboot and choose "run" mode.

Discussion about using installer with OVA - and again Vmware - is here.

Thanks! So what I tried as a result, was to add a new disk as above, but not delete the old USB one. Then when the vbox boots up, I use f12 to select the boot drive, and select the new one I created. I guess I can't delete the other as it's primary, however at least that's working enough for me to do the testing I need to do. Thanks again!

I am trying to install Libreelec on virtualbox 7.0.10

I can run the ova, which gives me the option to install/run from USB.
    So I let it do the default action, which I think was run from USB, and it worked, but there was not enough HDD to actually try much.
    So I selected the installer option on boot up, and it said "no devices found"

I am assuming that the OVA IDE drive is meant to be the USB one would use to install, and you need to add your own disk. So I added a 8GB VDI, and then it found that, and installed it there. However on reboot it went back to the install/run from usb options....

So I removed the USB by deleting that storage in Virtualbox settings and then it just boots with an error, and then sits there with "LibreELEC (official): 11.0.3" on the screen.

Any ideas, as there don't seem to be any guides on this...

As a developer, I can understand this must be a big job to even start to undertake.

Just wanted to say, that as a user, I use it a lot to set up, test, support.

I can sit at my desk, and check new media is added ok on a test Pi, before the real thing, and I don't need to dedicate a monitor to the pi, and can type fast, paste from notes etc....

So just wanted to +1 that this is for some a pretty important feature. I also understand it's a community project and will manage to survive without it for now :)

Thanks to everyone involved for making this happen in the first place!

Hi Hias, I think I confused things there with my Estuary note. I actually mean Estuary Mod 2.

That allowed me to use the node/menu editor to create exactly the layout I wanted.

eg.

Films -> Kids

Films -> Not-Kids and Not Documentaries

TV -> Kids

TV -> Not-Kids and Not Documentaries

Other -> Music

Other -> Documentaries

Other -> Home Movies

Other -> Other -> Hobbies

Other -> Other -> Stand up

Other -> Other -> Sport

And have kind of every screen laid out with the right information, eg UK-Age-Certs on on the wall page and sub nodes to specific types of files etc...

Also the episode information and film information pages are much better on Mod2.

Took me quite a long time to get it wife and family ready, and then the skin was dropped.

I can however see that someone has picked it up, so perhaps there's life in the old dog yet!

Onto the matter of the post, I had not done the interlacing steps, which removes some SD modes, and that plus all the other steps still didn't really work.

So I took my Beta Kodi-Pi and updated to LE10, and now it all seems to work.

I guess I can't really complain that my more modern setup requires later updates, so I will leave it like this and get back to trying to get all the skin/layout/details pages back to how we like them!

Thanks for your help peeps!

There's nothing obvious in the logs except you are running a rather old LE version, 9.2.8, which is EOL now (latest release is 10.0.3) and you are playing a bluray image over nfs (which may or may not be problematic - never tried that myself).

Another thing worth looking into is your TV settings. Best to turn off all picture/video "enhancement" stuff, they usually just make things worse (especially Samsung TVs still seem to come with terrible defaults). Search eg on rtings.com for your TV model to find some info about recommended TV settings.

so long,

Hias

Hi, thanks for the response.

1) I am using an older version because I have the Estuary skin, which stopped being supported. I had spent a lot of time creating a simple UI with node based searches, and other features of Estuary that let me adjust menus etc, and I got it perfect, around the time it stopped being supported. Perfect means wife & kids were able to use it, and enjoyed using it, and whether you were looking for a documentary, film, music video or a kids tv show, they were easy to find.

2) how else would you play bluray over network?

In any case, these two things worked find with older TV.

I did quite a lot of testing last night, and found a few things.

LOTR 33.6Mb/s 1080p 24fps runs perfectly

SMFFH 33.6Mb/s 1080p 24fps seems to skip once per second

Any 4:3 SD content gets completely squashed, and using the various view modes doesn't help.

The only way to fix that is to turn off the "adjust display refresh rate" option, which then means it plays like it's in slow motion.

I also played a few random 16:9 DVD files, and about half of them showed with an AR adjustment that made them unviewable. Generally I could work through the view options to find one that worked, but it's not very family friendly...

I really just want this to put out a 1080 signal and ignore the TV, however I've now hit a whole load of issues...

BTW: the instructions in your signature don't seem to work for me, there's no LE Settings Addon, and in Settings / LibreElec / System, there is an "update latest kodi log and config and view short URL" setting which just errors for me.

In any case, pasted the log here

hastebin

I think I tried to start playback around: 2022-10-22 22:30:40

So, it seems much much better, certainly SD content seemed ok, and HD content was much better, however seems to freeze for one frame every second or so...

Thanks again!

So I have been running LibreElec / Kodi mostly without problems for a few years now, and my 10 year old HD TV finally died.

I got a 4k replacement, however playing anything on kodi doesn't work well, very very jerky, slow motion then catching up in fast motion, and frame rate low.

Is this because the Pi (which has detected 4k screen) is trying to upscale, and it's failing?

FWIW the CPU load is not very high....

Is there some standard thing one has to do when attaching a 4k display?

Thanks, Dave

I did all this, however the skin was not available in addons->my addons->look and feel->skin

Doing an add-on update didn't work.

I had to reboot first...

Then it worked.

Thanks for the great info.

I found a couple of threads from 2017 about this, however they never resolved, and it was recommended to create a new thread, so here I am!

VNCViewer produces the following message, which flashes up every second or so. Interestingly about 1 attempt in 10 seems perfectly fine, which is odd, and probably therefore hard/annoying to track down, however I thought I'd post in case there were other solutions / known issues.

Thanks