Tethering Wifi KII Pro

• Hi, I'm new here, greetings to all.

I am configuring Libreelec 8.2 in a Mecool KII Pro, I have it connected by ethernet cable and I had a lot of interest in using the tethering function, because the Wi-Fi Router is far away and that way I can save putting another device, the KII would make AP.

But when activating the Thetering, this emits the signal, but when connecting it does not assign IP to the clients.

This may indicate that you are doing a Router without DHCP and that it does not act as a transparent network bridge between Wi-Fi and Ethernet.

Say that my KII came standard with a ROM of the month of August 2017 and the Wi-Fi chip is "modern", with the v8.0 had no drivers and with the v8.2 yes.

With Android this function works perfectly.

Is this possible in LibreElec?

Greetings again.

• The tethered hotspot feature provides a routed WLAN (not bridged) that will assign an IP via DHCP, but to work this requires wireless drivers that support modern kernel standards. Anything using the current Amlogic kernel in community builds is probably 50/50 due to a combo of old kernel and old wireless drivers. If it works, great. If it doesn't work, either go buy a router/bridge/extender device or wait patiently for mainline kernel support. There is low/no appetite for fixing issues in the current 3.14 kernel as it's days are numbered.

• LE 9 works with old 3.14 or is newer Kernel?

Is possible install other drivers (easy I'm not expert in Linux) on v8.2 ?

Not is not the prize of the router, is for profit the resources of the machine working, simplify the network and the power consumption.

Greetings