also at youtube ?
could you share the output of chrome://gpu (top section is enough)?
Here it is:
Graphics Feature Status
- Canvas: Software only, hardware acceleration unavailable
- CheckerImaging: Disabled
- Flash: Software only. Hardware acceleration disabled
- Flash Stage3D: Software only. Hardware acceleration disabled
- Flash Stage3D Baseline profile: Software only. Hardware acceleration disabled
- Compositing: Software only. Hardware acceleration disabled
- Multiple Raster Threads: Enabled
- Native GpuMemoryBuffers: Software only. Hardware acceleration disabled
- Rasterization: Software only. Hardware acceleration disabled
- Surface Synchronization: Enabled
- Video Decode: Software only. Hardware acceleration disabled
- Viz Service Display Compositor: Disabled
- WebGL: Software only, hardware acceleration unavailable
- WebGL2: Software only, hardware acceleration unavailable
- Native GpuMemoryBuffers have been disabled, either via about:flags or command line.
Disabled Features: native_gpu_memory_buffers
- Viz service display compositor is not enabled by default.
Disabled Features: viz_display_compositor
- Checker-imaging has been disabled via finch trial or the command line.
Disabled Features: checker_imaging
do you use nvidia ? if you use intel did you set the setting to intel at the addon settings ?
I did select intel at the addon settings. Even try all others settings combination too but still got video tearing in youtube and netflix also.
Do you use an recent Milhouse build? If so that problem is normal as the addon was build against some older version.
Yes, I use a most recent one. So I need older version of Kodi 18 to correct this issue?
Can confirm, that with an older version of milhouse and Xorg (tested with 407), hardware acceleration is working for me with intel kaby lake.
I need to reconstruct the whole build process after those merges lately, then it should be usable again with latest milhouse. I try to do it asap.
Many thx CvH !
Can confirm that hw acceleration now works with recent milhouse (LE9) build.
Problem is, i cant get audio to work with version 3 (neither with default nor with custom settings) - with version 2 audio worked for me with custom audio device and hdmi:CARD=PCH.
Chrome is back - many thanks for beating the nightmare
Now with the "final" installation method, addon is now just 4mb, Chrome get downloaded at first use (addon + chrome = 54mb).
This should avoid licence problems for us Also added an script to manually update to the latest Chrome.
Final installation method worked fine here
addon was merged and should be available at the official repo sooner or later
I've run the final installation method zip. Chrome runs, widevine seems correctly installed as I can stream video on ziggogo.tv. It doesn't use hardware decoding though. I'm running millhouse LE9, a build without xorg (or did I misunderstand that change). In the GPU output I see that hardware decoding is disabled, yet it doesn't say unavailable. So it should be possible on my hardware, this is an oldish celeron NUC 847dye. When I run Cloudready ChromeOS and install Widevine I can stream full HD without issues in Chrome.
Anything I can do to get this sorted out?
I have installed #0626 which should have Chrome. But the repo has not been rebuild yet. I installed your last zip again and things are different now. See Photo. Intel is selected in settings.