Chromium?

• also at youtube ?

could you share the output of chrome://gpu (top section is enough)?

Here it is:

Graphics Feature Status

• Canvas: Software only, hardware acceleration unavailable
    • CheckerImaging: Disabled
    • Flash: Software only. Hardware acceleration disabled
    • Flash Stage3D: Software only. Hardware acceleration disabled
    • Flash Stage3D Baseline profile: Software only. Hardware acceleration disabled
    • Compositing: Software only. Hardware acceleration disabled
    • Multiple Raster Threads: Enabled
    • Native GpuMemoryBuffers: Software only. Hardware acceleration disabled
    • Rasterization: Software only. Hardware acceleration disabled
    • Surface Synchronization: Enabled
    • Video Decode: Software only. Hardware acceleration disabled
    • Viz Service Display Compositor: Disabled
    • WebGL: Software only, hardware acceleration unavailable
    • WebGL2: Software only, hardware acceleration unavailable

Problems Detected

• Native GpuMemoryBuffers have been disabled, either via about:flags or command line.
      Disabled Features: native_gpu_memory_buffers
    • Viz service display compositor is not enabled by default.
      Disabled Features: viz_display_compositor
    • Checker-imaging has been disabled via finch trial or the command line.
      Disabled Features: checker_imaging

• do you use nvidia ? if you use intel did you set the setting to intel at the addon settings ?

I did select intel at the addon settings. Even try all others settings combination too but still got video tearing in youtube and netflix also.

• Do you use an recent Milhouse build? If so that problem is normal as the addon was build against some older version.

Yes, I use a most recent one. So I need older version of Kodi 18 to correct this issue?

Thanks.

• Can confirm, that with an older version of milhouse and Xorg (tested with 407), hardware acceleration is working for me with intel kaby lake.

• I need to reconstruct the whole build process after those merges lately, then it should be usable again with latest milhouse. I try to do it asap.

• Many thx CvH !

Can confirm that hw acceleration now works with recent milhouse (LE9) build.

Problem is, i cant get audio to work with version 3 (neither with default nor with custom settings) - with version 2 audio worked for me with custom audio device and hdmi:CARD=PCH.

• I've run the final installation method zip. Chrome runs, widevine seems correctly installed as I can stream video on ziggogo.tv. It doesn't use hardware decoding though. I'm running millhouse LE9, a build without xorg (or did I misunderstand that change). In the GPU output I see that hardware decoding is disabled, yet it doesn't say unavailable. So it should be possible on my hardware, this is an oldish celeron NUC 847dye. When I run Cloudready ChromeOS and install Widevine I can stream full HD without issues in Chrome.

Anything I can do to get this sorted out?

Edited once, last by lexi81 ().

• I have installed #0626 which should have Chrome. But the repo has not been rebuild yet. I installed your last zip again and things are different now. See Photo. Intel is selected in settings.