Libreelec on the Intel NUC5PGYH

• Is there any chance that Braswell can HW decode 10bit hevc?

Not without a gpu, it's why people like myself are waiting on a Kabylake based nuc to be released. Kabylake "should" be the first intel processor to support hardware hevc deconding. Any previous generation will be relying on a gpu for hardware acceleration.

• Not without a gpu, it's why people like myself are waiting on a Kabylake based nuc to be released. Kabylake "should" be the first intel processor to support hardware hevc deconding. Any previous generation will be relying on a gpu for hardware acceleration.

Braswell iGPU will decode 8-bit HVEC in h/w no problem. There are very few mainstream discrete GPU's out there that can do 10-bit HVEC. And those that do are not ideal for HTPC.

• Braswell iGPU will decode 8-bit HVEC in h/w no problem. There are very few mainstream discrete GPU's out there that can do 10-bit HVEC. And those that do are not ideal for HTPC.

Well just received the i3 KabyLake Asrock Beebox, I hope it does a good job of it.

Sent from my HTC 10

• I have an Intel NUC 5i3RYH. It works flawlessly with LibreELEC.

For those having problems with harmony remotes, this is what I did:
    In the myHarmony software, remove any MCE keyboard and Media Center SE devices you have added, and add your NUC model as a device. Then you have to set up the keymaps making sure all buttons are mapped to different keys (doesn't really matter wich button you map to wich key), also make sure you change input for your actions (so for example the 'watch a movie' button uses the NUC device), when you are done with that just sync your remote and get the keymap editor from kodi repo and remap the keys however you want them.

• I'm using the NUC5PGYH since videos showed stutterng on FireTV and Rpi2 - especially 24p content.
    This worked out very well with OpenElec and Helix and Isengard 15.2 as well, I was fine with the playback of any content.
    I justed switched to LibreElec with Krypton Beta and since the whole settings stuff changed there is always stuttering when camera pans from top to bottom or left to right side.

As I encountered issues with passthrough and matching content framerate to the display I'm really interested in anyones video settings :)
    I would like KODI to set my projector to the correct framerate like it was used to be.

BTW: The overall performance of the 5PGYH is great, I installed a 128Gb SSD and 4Gb RAM. I'm using it in my Living Room connected to an AVR and a Sony Projector.

• addicted0ne:

please check that your settings level is set to "expert".

Then check if you have enabled "change refreshrate to match video". That is necessary to change the refreshrate of the TV to 24fps for BR content. If disabled it might cause stuttering, which seems to be your issue.

For the passthrough, please check if you have "Sync playback to display" enabled. If yes, please disable it as by enabling that setting it will disable passthrough because the audio stream has to be resampled.

• Expert Mode is on ;)
    I gave it a try and it seems the stuttering minimized.
    But there are still noticable stutters during camera panning.

Here are my settings:

Player Settings > Videos > Adjust display refresh rate "On start/stop"
    Sync playback to display "Off"
    Render method "Auto detect"
    Enable HQ scalers for scaling above "20%"
    Allow hardware acceleration VDPAU "Off"
    Allow hardware acceleration VAAPI "On"
    Use MPG-2 VAAPI | MPEG-4 VAAPI | VC-1 VAAPI "On"
    Prefer VAAPI render method "On"

What about Deinterlacing (like VAAPI motion adapt, Bob, or Off) is there any good default selection ?

Thnx! :)

• Just converted my windows 10 nuc over... loving it so far. I'm a newb with LE - have seen all sorts of raspberry pi options for a remote desktop over VNC. What is the easiest method for a remote desktop over a nuc? Same add-ons? Same process? I dont have a VPN service account - just want to connect locally from another machine to administer it via kodi graphic interface. I've looked at zomboided's vpn solution but aborted once his instructions mentioned vpn provider accounts. Any guidance appreciated.