[8.90.11a] LibreELEC 9.x for S912

• afl1 Recently I have developed an improvement for libhybris and updated libMali to r16p0 from Android Nougat. I did some tests with Krypton and software-decoded videos are much smoother than with r11p0. I haven't included the improvement in my builds yet but you can cherry-pick to Leia:

Code
    curl -sL https://github.com/kszaq/LibreELEC.tv/compare/5882ed8...852f4b8.patch | git am

Test build with updated libhybris:

LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.90.7-2-gf180283-K.tar

• Hi,

updated to the new test build. My Beelink gt1 ultimate boot into Leia. Overall speed in Gui is slower as last build. Netflix is a bit smother, but not fast enough to watch a complete Movie. When a Movie plays, the Gui is mutch faster. But if I scroll to the Options Menu the Box hang every time I do it.

After i read blakey Post, I have setup a 2nd SD Card from scratch with 8.90.7 .. upgraded to 8.90.7 - 2 via ssh.

- GUI performance is ways better as before.

- the box don´t hang up

Can´t test Netflix now, I´ll write later.

Before I updated from 8.2.2 via ssh, this is not the best way as i can see now.

Best regards

Edited 2 times, last by EifelT (December 10, 2017 at 8:31 PM).

• afl1 Recently I have developed an improvement for libhybris and updated libMali to r16p0 from Android Nougat. I did some tests with Krypton and software-decoded videos are much smoother than with r11p0. I haven't included the improvement in my builds yet but you can cherry-pick to Leia:

Code
    curl -sL https://github.com/kszaq/LibreELEC.tv/compare/5882ed8...852f4b8.patch | git am

I've tested the new updates and it does seem to have improved, but I still can't get past over 480p without heavy stutter. And even in 480p resolutions bitrate can't be over values that remove the "blockiness".

We're getting there!! I'll do more tests and report.

A big Thank You for all the hard work you put in libreelec for S912!!

And thanks also to afl1 :)

• Update in #1 with the latest libhybris with little bit faster OSD rendering.

Rendering subtitles with libhybris emulator consumes lot of time. Rendering single letter in subtitles costs > 1 ms. Every rendered letter is cached. Rendering cached letter costs < 0.2 ms. At the start of playback rendering subtitles can cause frame skipping but later when nearly all letters are cached, rendering is fast enough.

• Update in #1 with the latest libhybris with little bit faster OSD rendering.

Rendering subtitles with libhybris emulator consumes lot of time. Rendering single letter in subtitles costs > 1 ms. Every rendered letter is cached. Rendering cached letter costs < 0.2 ms. At the start of playback rendering subtitles can cause frame skipping but later when nearly all letters are cached, rendering is fast enough.

NIce works! Thank you!

can't make gt1 boot with 8.90.8.img.gz,

then i did make it boot with 8.90.4.img.gz, then i updated to 8.90.8.

i think it's better than 8.2.1.1.

thank afl1 an kszaq!!

Code

this is just for the quick menu?