[8.90.11a] LibreELEC 9.x for S912

• New version in #1 with improved timing for hw decoding.

Subtitle issue still persist for dvd/bd subtitles. For text subtitles (.srt, .sub, ...) I didn't find any issue. Pls report your experiences only with kodi debug log.

My monitor is able only 4k 30fps. Pls, report playback stability for output 4K on monitors or TVs capable 4k fps>30.

New release works great :) It even corrected the "extlinux.conf" message during boot.

Really appreciate your efforts!

Cheers,

anthonws.

p.s. Where can one read/get more info regarding the Mali libs to have GPU acceleration in Apps like Netflix?

• Hello AFL, thank you from a user from Brazil.

Great Build, (6k) each time getting better and better.

I'm having a problem with GUIDE in Live TV (DVB-C), 3 or 4 hours late.

Can you tell me if it's a build feature / bug?

Again thank you very much for the work.

• p.s. Where can one read/get more info regarding the Mali libs to have GPU acceleration in Apps like Netflix?

I assume your question is about video playback acceleration? GPU has nothing to do with it, video playback can be accelerated by VPU. And Netflix cannot be accelerated because there is no DRM support for HW decoding in Linux.

• I assume your question is about video playback acceleration? GPU has nothing to do with it, video playback can be accelerated by VPU. And Netflix cannot be accelerated because there is no DRM support for HW decoding in Linux.

Hi kszaq,

Got it :) Nevertheless, we can do it via SW decode, albeit with limited resolution and bitrate.

In my understanding, the limitation as of now, specifically in the S912 case, is that we lack the proper Linux libmali libraries. As a workaround, at the moment, we use libhybris and Android gralloc, which in turn requires a kind of "emulation" layer to do things like buffer allocation, etc. And this is why we lack proper OpenGL performance.

So, my question was/is really around the future (if any) of libmali.so. You said that Amlogic is never going to release the needed user-space binary drivers. So what are really the viable options for the future? A complete open-source stack, ala Nouveau?

Thanks again for your hardwork and attention :)

• So, my question was/is really around the future (if any) of libmali.so. You said that Amlogic is never going to release the needed user-space binary drivers. So what are really the viable options for the future? A complete open-source stack, ala Nouveau?

A full featured open source alternative would be ideal, but in reality this is never going to happen. Just looking at the state of the open source attempts for way older mali chips should tell you enough.

Please continue this repeating off-topic discussion in a separate thread. Search the forum for post by chewitt and kszaq for earlier dead-end replies.

• A full featured open source alternative would be ideal, but in reality this is never going to happen. Just looking at the state of the open source attempts for way older mali chips should tell you enough.

Please continue this repeating off-topic discussion in a separate thread. Search the forum for post by chewitt and kszaq for earlier dead-end replies.

it could happen if someone started a patreon for it.....$ gets $hit done

• - MeCool M8S L with 8.2 on internal

- copied archive from #1 and device tree from #1 into update folder

- rebooted and installed within a view seconds

- played selfmade h265 encode from GOT Bluray with remuxed subtitles: no stutter

- LiveTV through TVHeadEnd still working

Thank you very much!