Live-TV stuttering since 8.1.9

• Hi!

Checked with 8.2.2.2 and fallback frame disabled... works!

No stuttering.

Many thanks

Could you please test one Live TV for longer time period ? For me 8.2.2.2 indeed fixed the short-time period Live TV playback. But after hour-two or so on one HD channel the video goes mad. FPS dropdown, decoding artefacts. If I switch the channel, it is good again for some time.

• Could you please test one Live TV for longer time period ? For me 8.2.2.2 indeed fixed the short-time period Live TV playback. But after hour-two or so on one HD channel the video goes mad. FPS dropdown, decoding artefacts. If I switch the channel, it is good again for some time.

Hi!

Yesterday I watched some live TV channels for 3 or 4 hours.

No stuttering or other issues detected.

• fresonpower thanks.

afl1

I do not get one thing. Regarding your fix for removed pts based frame rate tracking. I thought that the fix was about setting "frame rate fallback" which was newly introduced or fixed by you in your "devel-201710311040" and 8.2.2.2. So to fix the stuttering problem should I have frame rate fallback set as disabled or to value specific to my region (50fps) ? My logic tells me that I should override this to specific value, since the fps from pts has been removed. But @frensonpower wrote that this fix worked for him as he had this frame rate fallback to disabled. horfee wrote that he must had set it to 50Hz.

So which option is effective to fix the problem in the first place ?

I did tried both (disabled, 50Hz) and I got stuttering anyway, only after much longer period that in 8.2.2.1. Recorded file during the stutter/artefacts plays just fine without issues. Thanks for clarifying this.

• The 'TV stutter patch' hasn't improved things in my case at all.

Running the 2.2.2 version with DVBLogic as backend. It's known this backend does not send FPS value.

For me, using the fallback setting to 50Hz fixes it 100%.

The 'TV stutter patch' only makes changing channels take longer. Nothing more.

• fresonpower thanks.

afl1

I do not get one thing. Regarding your fix for removed pts based frame rate tracking. I thought that the fix was about setting "frame rate fallback" which was newly introduced or fixed by you in your "devel-201710311040" and 8.2.2.2. So to fix the stuttering problem should I have frame rate fallback set as disabled or to value specific to my region (50fps) ? My logic tells me that I should override this to specific value, since the fps from pts has been removed. But @frensonpower wrote that this fix worked for him as he had this frame rate fallback to disabled. horfee wrote that he must had set it to 50Hz.

So which option is effective to fix the problem in the first place ?

I did tried both (disabled, 50Hz) and I got stuttering anyway, only after much longer period that in 8.2.2.1. Recorded file during the stutter/artefacts plays just fine without issues. Thanks for clarifying this.

I removed pts base frame rate tracking only temporary. Now in LE 9.0 is back. The best solution for missing fps hints is setting frame rate fallback.

Frame rate tracking can save playback but starts with stuttering. In LE 9.0 for missing fps I use value 29.97 fps for starting playback and pts based frame rate tracking fix fps to the right value.