Live-TV stuttering since 8.1.9

• Hello,

I am facing stuttering issue when accessing live-tv.

I did not have this issue on 8.1.8 (I had a s905 box on which I restore the version 8.1.8 to not have this problem).

As soon as I try to watch live tv from my DVBLink server, over wifi or ethernet, the image is buffering or lagging a lot. I tried different channel with different quality, but still the same.

The classic video are not affected and are played smoothly.

What do you think it could be ?

Thanks

• Can you confirm that the issue goes away when you downgrade to 8.1.8 on your S912 device that the log is from?

Can you check if the issue is present on a non-LE machine, e.g. run Kodi on a Windows/Linux PC?

• Hello Kszaq,

Yes I just did the test and the live-TV is back to normal on 8.1.8.

I also can confirm there is no issue on my macbook running kodi 17.4, over wifi.

• There is no problem watching on 17.5 on my Mac.

I also can confirm it is also the same behavior on S905, running 8.1.10 (I also rolled back on 8.1.8 to avoid it).

• Hi,

It is a little bit better, but still the stream is lagging.

I activated again the debug mode :

- when the stream is trying to be played (it is laggy), the display drops a 11FPS.

- when the stream is buffering (displaying the little round buffering indicator in the middle of the screen) the display is back to around 45FPS (it is buffering for 1second, then laggy for 3-4seconds, then buffering again, etc.)

during playing this stream, the debug info on the screen also display CPU-KODI: around 55%

Back on the 8.1.8, same stream/channel does not have any issue, and CPU-KODI=around 52%, and FPS=around 25FPS

• Ok This one solved the problem !

Thank you very much afl1 !!

Kszaq, do you think it could be incorporated to your build ?

Thank you both !

• As I see in log pvr.dvblink didn't send fps. In release 8.1.9 was removed pts based frame rate tracking. You can fix it by setting frame rate fallback in pvr settings or you can use my test build with fix for 0 fps.

LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.2-devel-201710311040-g99798df-I.tar

in fact exactly how i fixed it with the same backend

'You're like a child who wanders into the middle of a movie and wants to know -..' ~ Walter Sobchak (The Big Lebowski)

• As I see in log pvr.dvblink didn't send fps. In release 8.1.9 was removed pts based frame rate tracking. You can fix it by setting frame rate fallback in pvr settings or you can use my test build with fix for 0 fps.

LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.2-devel-201710311040-g99798df-I.tar

Hi!

This version solves my problem but I trided to update to kszaq 8.2.2.1 and stuttering appears ago.

I reinstalled the version of this thread and the problem has gone.

4x Intel NUC6CAYH: Celeron J3455 1.5GHz / 16Gb RAM / 64Gb SSD
    1x Gigabyte GB-BXi3H-4010: i3 1.7GHz / 4Gb RAM / 32Gb SSD

• Hi

Have you tried 8.2.2.2 from kszaq ? It includes the fix from afl1.

2 x Mini M8S II S905X 2 Gb/8 Gb @ LibreELEC 8.2.3.1 running from NAND

• Hi

Have you tried 8.2.2.2 from kszaq ? It includes the fix from afl1.

Hi!

Not yet. I’m at work now.

When I can, i’ll update it and let you know.

Many thanks

• In my case disabling or changing to 50 or 59 the fallback option in the settings didn't solve the problem in previous versions.

Tonight I'll update to 8.2.2.2 and I'll tell you about it.

• Hi!

Checked with 8.2.2.2 and fallback frame disabled... works!

No stuttering.

Many thanks

• I have exactly same problem in the live tv, observed from 8.2.2.1, maybe it was present earlier, but not sure. But the 8.2.2.2 did not fixed it for me. In 8.2.2.1 it starts to stutter after some 10-30 minutes of channel playback. Yesterday we have watched a FHD movie with 8.2.2.2. After hour or so it started to stutter badly, fps dropdown, decoding artefacts, much worse than in 8.2.2.1, only later. Today I have checked the forum and this thread. Mine fallback frame option was disabled. Nothing interesting in the logs.