[8.90.6] LibreELEC 9.0 Alpha for S905/S912 devices

• That´s it.

WIN 10 share connection isn´t working(most cases) if You try to play 4k videos - I can confirm it´s not working :(

You have to attach local HDD/SSD or an NAS using NFS protocol - I can confirm it works :) not only some samples

Am I missing somthing her??? I have no problem playing 4k from windows sharer. I can even play the jellyfish demo at 140mbps 4k 10bit hdr.

• Or move to an NAS system - cheap & easy to use

I have a 20TB storagespace setup on my dedicated windows 10 pro machine, so moving to freeNAS or Xpenology is not easy, beside I have a virtual instance of Xpenology, but sadly its not capable to reshare remote folder (windows share) via NFS.

• Am I missing somthing her??? I have no problem playing 4k from windows sharer. I can even play the jellyfish demo at 140mbps 4k 10bit hdr.

I guess you have a 1 Gbit interface on your box otherwise the jelly demo wont be smooth on a 100 Mbit interface

• I guess you have a 1 Gbit interface on your box otherwise the jelly demo wont be smooth on a 100 Mbit interface

Well, Yes... The MeCool has an internal Gbit, and on my NEXBOX i've got a cheep usb Gbit... So what i missed is that you want to play UHD with Mbit.... Well good luck with that:)

• made some iperf3 test and it's seem that incoming connections are much more slower than the other way around.

and I've noticed the same when tested FTP using FileZilla Server when the speed was 3-4 MB/s which is ~24-32Mbit/s

• Just connected the internal Ethernet on my NEXBOX, and as long as the bitrate doesn't stay above 40mbits to long, I have no problem playing 4k HDR files. (the host has Gbit net)

ps. I've also got thees settings in advancedsettings.xml

Code
    <cache>
        <memorysize>82428800</memorysize>  
        <buffermode>1</buffermode>
        <readfactor>10.5</readfactor> 
    </cache>
  • and as long as the bitrate doesn't stay above 40mbits to long, I have no problem playing 4k HDR files. (the host has Gbit net)

My movie bitrate ~65mbits

SMB host has Gbit net

NFS host(NAS) has bonded dual Gbit net

My conclusion:

Network protocol is very important if You want to play high bitrate video

• We can agree that SMB is not the best contender, but as you can see the speed using FTP is similar and the iperf3 test also show that limit around 30 Mbit. Regarding that any suggestion ?

made some iperf3 test and it's seem that incoming connections are much more slower than the other way around.

and I've noticed the same when tested FTP using FileZilla Server when the speed was 3-4 MB/s which is ~24-32Mbit/s

• 905X using USB Gbit adapter -> PC WIN10pro

iperf -c 192.x.x.x -u -p 12345 -t 30 -b 250M

22.1 MBytes 185 Mbits/sec

Are You sure using Gbit network ?

I never mentioned that I using Gbit connection :) my box (Mecool M8S Pro+) only has a 100 Mbit interface, but that should be enough for all regular 4K content.

My main concern why I got only around 30 Mbit speed ?

• 100 Mbit interface, but that should be enough for all regular 4K content.

100Mbit is not enough for some 4k videos - we had a long thread about this in the forum

I don´t know why Your network speed is to slow - Know nothing about Your network hardware

• I never mentioned that I using Gbit connection :) my box (Mecool M8S Pro+) only has a 100 Mbit interface, but that should be enough for all regular 4K content.

If you do a windows file copy of a big file from the windows pc to your box, at what speed dose windows copy the file?

• Hi, tried latest version. tvheadend not working, not possible to update.

I then wanted to revert to kzaq's or previous version, but I then get an error

failed to mount /dev/loop0 on /storage/.update/.tmp/mnt invalid argument

is there a way out of this without wiping the sdcard clean ?

Thanks a lot

same issue here, i placed the 1.08 build in update folder and restarted the 1.09 build