[8.90.6] LibreELEC 9.0 Alpha for S905/S912 devices

• I have just pushed a new version out.

Auto update is disabled because this version contains the LE kernel which contains a different partition layout, if you are installed on internal you will not be able to update and a fresh install will be required.

This version has an updated version of Kodi which has addressed the bug where Kodi crashes when playback is stopped on local content.

There is an issue with the LE kernel at present where pass through audio does not work.

For people with a display on their box there is an updated vfd driver, a custom dtb is no longer required and has been replaced by a configuration file, check the thread by The Coolest for more information.

DTBs will be updated later tonight or you can flash the img.gz to a flash drive/sd card if you require them immediately.

All old releases have been removed from the server to discourage downgrading which may cause issues due to the change in kernel.

The installtointernal script has also been removed for reasons stated in my previous post.

• So,

basically,

if someone wants pass-through audio and/or internal install - better not do this new release, eh? :)

Audio will be fixed at some point but yeah pretty much, it's always 2 steps forward 1 step back, the new kernel brings some video fixes as well.

• Auto update is disabled because this version contains the LE kernel which contains a different partition layout, if you are installed on internal you will not be able to update and a fresh install will be required.

so if I'm running @kszak's LibreELEC 8.2 build installed into internal how do I update to yours?

• The current development does not suits to me.

The installtointernal skript is – in my opinion – great if everything works on sd card.

I also used often the possibility of downgrading if something didn't works as planned. Downgrading is not possible if the kernel layout changes, but there were images missing before.

build 8.90.5 was full of errors.

build 8.90.6 also included a lot of errors.

so i will continue to stay at 8.90.1 and hope that current releases are more solid.

• in the first post a link Device trees The requested URL /releases/dtb/ was not found on this server.

where to get Device trees ?

where to get the previous issues 8.90.1, 8.90.2,8.90.3?

Thank you

• The current development is following the path of official LE rather than a hybrid 8.2-9.0 release.

Do you care to explain how you have come to the conclusion that 8.90.6 is full of bugs when it has been out a matter of hours?

Imo this is a solid release with the exception of the pass through audio problem which will only effect users with high end A/V units.

I will not be bringing back installtointernal and it will not be in official releases period.

• The current development is following the path of official LE rather than a hybrid 8.2-9.0 release.

Do you care to explain how you have come to the conclusion that 8.90.6 is full of bugs when it has been out a matter of hours?

Imo this is a solid release with the exception of the pass through audio problem which will only effect users with high end A/V units.

I will not be bringing back installtointernal and it will not be in official releases period.

where to get Device trees ?

link in the first post does not work

Thank you

• with 8.90.6 my boxes wont start... anybody confirm this?

Did you have LE installed on internal or external?

installed 8.90.6

again the remote control brakes, jumps and sticks.

where in the menu turn off noise reduction?

Thank you

it is turned off by default in this release

read the remote control thread for information on how to fine tune your IR receiver

• Did you have LE installed on internal or external?

it is turned off by default in this release

read the remote control thread for information on how to fine tune your IR receiver

installed on internal. Now i reinstall it... very bad thing