[8.90.6] LibreELEC 9.0 Alpha for S905/S912 devices

• I'm having a problem with HDMI and resolution/refresh rate. My image is barely visible. This is not affected by changing the resolution/refresh rate.

But I can select only 1280x and 1920x and I would like to try 1024. Any other hints?

• I'm having a problem with HDMI and resolution/refresh rate. My image is barely visible. This is not affected by changing the resolution/refresh rate.

But I can select only 1280x and 1920x and I would like to try 1024. Any other hints?

You can try to;

Code
    cat /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/disp_cap > .kodi/userdata/disp_cap

Than edit the disp_cap file in userdata and add 1024 and reboot, But if your display don't support 1024, than it won't work.

• Sorry I have to ask again. It is possible to use AV Out (Composite) on LE 9 builds. On kszaq builds it works fine for me.

On LE 9 I can see over AV Out only bootlogo, after that the screen is black. Any possibility to use it on LE9, editing config file or something else?

Thanks in advance.

• Yeah, I always did update with img. Downgrade didn't work. So I tried TAR and it worked!

But nothing works properly anymore. Only one profile works. When I try to switch profile, it just freezes. Weird.

Looks like I'm gonna do clean install ...

• The problem seems to be somewhere else. I attached a different HDMI Display and the image is broken as well.

The hardware is a Docooler M9S-PRO S905, can this be due to wrong dtb?

Please see my attached screenshot.

• docooler You can't use 1024x768 with current kernel on Amlogic. The issue you are experiencing is due to a bug in Kodi free_scale implementation. I can't help much more now (mobile only) but you can try running these commands (and reboot):

fw_setenv outputmode 1080p60hz

fw_setenv hdmimode 1080p60hz

• I flashed afl1

LibreELEC 9 beta version for KI Pro

LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.90.2-K.img.gz

No wifi so i used the update method using .tar

GDPR-2

LibreELEC-S905.arm-adamg-1.0.5.tar(2017-11-10)

Failed to install with a failed MD5 Check on screen.

I then copied the device tree with the tar and it succeeded.

Hope this helps.

• I totally agree with you here and this should of been done long ago, however I was waiting for the following PR to be merged before I did any PR as I believe having all amlogic based devices under 1 project is a good idea, I have been rebasing and squashing all of my commits recently to make any future PR to LE easier to merge, it's been on my mind to do it for some time.

• GDPR-2 I think that the idea behind "common Amlogic GX project" is to use mainline kernel and V4L2 interface for HW-accelerated video playback which is yet to be written for Amlogic. GDPR-1 means to upstream the patches we have for current Amlogic state, e.g. 3.14 kernel and amcodec. As soon as I get my new laptop I will start working on upstreaming patches. Thanks to you and afl1 it will be a little easier now that the patches are rebased for Leia. :)

• GDPR-2 I think that the idea behind "common Amlogic GX project" is to use mainline kernel and V4L2 interface for HW-accelerated video playback which is yet to be written for Amlogic. GDPR-1 means to upstream the patches we have for current Amlogic state, e.g. 3.14 kernel and amcodec. As soon as I get my new laptop I will start working on upstreaming patches. Thanks to you and afl1 it will be a little easier now that the patches are rebased for Leia. :)

The patches I uploaded are specific to the S905/X and do not include your S912 changes, I had little interest in that device due to the SW decoding limitation.

I hope the LE team would allow your changes to the linux package to continue using a custom kernel in that case until the changes have been made in the future.

• The patches I uploaded are specific to the S905/X and do not include your S912 changes, I had little interest in that device due to the SW decoding limitation.

I hope the LE team would allow your changes to the linux package to continue using a custom kernel in that case until the changes have been made in the future.

Team LE does not disallow anything. The custom kernel is just an update (Nougat) that has not been upstreamed to our main linux-amlogic repo. Although I know it is going to be very difficult to review cause there will be a lot of commits.

• GDPR-1 the kernel is not the only example of the difficulty in merging with LE, there is a different version of libamcodec in use and patches from media_build that need to be rewritten for the latest version. It would be a mammoth undertaking to say the least and a lot of the patches in their current form I do not think would pass what I find to be a strict LE PR policy.

These are the 2 main commits showing what is needed to support S905/X in LE to give an idea, #1 #2, things are quite hacky in their current form, but it works as the repo is not a 1 size fits all, its specifically for 1 device.