DLNA/UPNUP/AIRPLAY

• Hi guys,

I have MXQ PRO S905X with latest LE.

Now I want to be able to stream youtube from my Iphone 7 or from my Windows 10 laptop.

Airplay didn't work, its just "Looking for AppleTV".. Ok fine.

DLNA and UPNP, what should I use? It looks im the only guy who want this to work.

When I come home to my friends and I want to play music they say "just connect with bluetooth". Also it doesnt matter if its iphone or android. All just work like a charm.

Kodi is open-source and should be able to fix this without problem.

What solution should I go for and what applications?

If I buy USB bluetooth adapter will it work better?

Im so curious to what are you going to say.

Thanks in advance!

• Kodi is open-source and should be able to fix this without problem.

Sure, because we are wizards we can fix anything and without any problems with the snap of our fingers. Right?

There is also a lot that could be fixed if we had the proper manpower with the proper coding skills. From the simple things (auto-update languages for the LE Settings Add-on) to the very difficult things (creating CUVID support for 10bit Nvidia video in Linux, or keeping up with Apple's policy of constant breaking Airplay protocols).

Kodi is limited as a streaming application. Support via UPnP streaming is limited, and Airplay support is more often broken than functional. Kodi has no Chromecast support because that means proprietary software, and that clashes with the whole open-source concept. Bluetooth (at least in LibreELEC) has only limited audio support, not video.

• Fine Airplay doesnt work with video, yeah.

But what about other solutions like DLNA or UPNP?

Why so upset because I want this to work?

Shouldn't only be me who want this to work.

• You can stream audio via airplay or bluetooth to libreelec, there are topics on both. As for youtube, there are various browser plugins that can cast to Kodi, and there are apps on your phone (yatse) that can do it.