Tanix TX3 Mini with Amlogic S905W CPU - Libreelec

• posted the link 3 times allready but got deleted by Admin.... dont know my do...

The rules on sharing LibreELEC code/releases have already been clearly communicated to your Tanix colleague. And yes, those rules apply to you as well. Dumping your executable(s) via unverified MEGA download links onto our forum and without any Github basis or documentation is not certainly not acceptable.

Just follow the rules like everyone else. It's not that hard.

• The rules on sharing LibreELEC code/releases have already been clearly communicated to your Tanix colleague. And yes, those rules apply to you as well. Dumping your executable(s) via unverified MEGA download links onto our forum and without any Github basis or documentation is not certainly not acceptable.

Just follow the rules like everyone else. It's not that hard.

I dont work for Tanix and its the files from Kszaq....

• Probably this is the "cursed" dtb/dts file that no one wants to be shown: device-trees-amlogic/gxl_p281_1g_tx3mini.dts at master · kszaq/device-trees-amlogic · GitHub (this is a github link from kszaq repo)

However I don't know how to "compile" or "transform" in dtb... someone could do it or explain us how to do this?
    I tried with this command: dtc -I dts -O dtb -o gxl_p281_1g_tx3mini.dtb gxl_p281_1g_tx3mini.dts but it doesn't work... It doesn't like the "include" part.

Thank you.

• Probably this is the "cursed" dtb/dts file that no one wants to be shown: device-trees-amlogic/gxl_p281_1g_tx3mini.dts at master · kszaq/device-trees-amlogic · GitHub (this is a github link from kszaq repo)

However I don't know how to "compile" or "transform" in dtb... someone could do it or explain us how to do this?
    I tried with this command: dtc -I dts -O dtb -o gxl_p281_1g_tx3mini.dtb gxl_p281_1g_tx3mini.dts but it doesn't work... It doesn't like the "include" part.

Thank you.

it's not ready to be used yet, there is a reason it hasn't been made public, use p212 2g for now

• So mine has arrived, seems to run ok but runs very hot, much hotter than my Nexbox A95X which is a shame as it's bigger and the S905W runs slower than the S905X, I may investigate further. The wifi is much better than the nexbox though.

I've tried to upgrade from the included 8.90.2 to 8.90.3 by dropping it in the upgrade folder but it failed due to the upgrade being 32bit and the current version being 64bit.

Also it has a really annoying Advanced Power Menu addon which I can't figure out how to disable with loads of useless options in it, the default kodi power menu already has a reboot to android option, so the advanced one with 15 different options isn't needed, and the default is a none working suspend anyway.

Overall I'm happy with it for the price, but would like to see the community builds working instead.

• OK, now I understand everything.

it's not ready to be used yet, there is a reason it hasn't been made public, use p212 2g for now

I hope that it will available soon. Tell me If I could help the development somehow.

Thank you for your work. :)

• So mine has arrived, seems to run ok but runs very hot, much hotter than my Nexbox A95X which is a shame as it's bigger and the S905W runs slower than the S905X, I may investigate further. The wifi is much better than the nexbox though.

I've tried to upgrade from the included 8.90.2 to 8.90.3 by dropping it in the upgrade folder but it failed due to the upgrade being 32bit and the current version being 64bit.

Also it has a really annoying Advanced Power Menu addon which I can't figure out how to disable with loads of useless options in it, the default kodi power menu already has a reboot to android option, so the advanced one with 15 different options isn't needed, and the default is a none working suspend anyway.

Overall I'm happy with it for the price, but would like to see the community builds working instead.

you are using Tanix version of LibreELEC that's why you can not upgrade and it is not 8.90.2

Thank you.

hahahaha dont know... i cant post it.. or els i will be banned for life :p