Tanix TX3 Mini with Amlogic S905W CPU - Libreelec

• So anyone managed to get the LCD working? I installed the LCDproc add-on, copied the LCD.xml in the userdata folder, rebooted but still "boot" stuck on LCD display. Something must be missing.

• I have LibreELEC 8 running on this box, but I have a PVR issue. I am using tvheadend using a satellite dish pointed at Astra 28.2.

On most HD channels, the stream is fine for an instant and then I see horizontal streaking on the image. I am seeing this on BBC HD channels but not on Channel 4.

This is not happening on other S905x boxes or on RPi (all running LibreELEC 8).

I am only seeing this on this S905W box ..

Any ideas?

• (Tanix TX3 mini - LibreELEC 8.2.1.1 - LCDproc ?)

Would anyone create a detailed guide on how to put LCD into LibreELEC?

A 4x7segment display that displays only "boot" after the LibreElec startup.

Ideally, the clock would be on the display.

• I just got Tanix TX3 Mini TV Box from Gearbest. It came with different Wi-Fi chip sv6051p. Wi-Fi works with LibreELEC 9.0 for Amlogic S905/S905D/S905X devices. For 19€ is very chip.

• Thanks a lot Javi. I've got a question about the new system.

It seems great but when we have the new firmware how easy would it be to update individually the new versions of libreelec by kszaq?

I suspect that since the libreelec version would be inside the firmware, everytime we would want to update we will be needing a new firmware. Are you willing to be building a new firmware everytime a new libreelec version gets published?

• Thanks a lot Javi. I've got a question about the new system.

It seems great but when we have the new firmware how easy would it be to update individually the new versions of libreelec by kszaq?

I suspect that since the libreelec version would be inside the firmware, everytime we would want to update we will be needing a new firmware. Are you willing to be building a new firmware everytime a new libreelec version gets published?

Well, a firmware can be upgraded by an OTA (what is just a ZIP file), then just need to upgrade the LibreELEC part of the firmware.

Let's see how it works first after release the first version.

• Well, it has been released. If you subscribed, probably you got an email with download links and some instructions.

Otherwise, you can visit Tanix TX3 Max & Mini Dual OS Edition - LibreELEC + Android firmware - TANIX TV Box

and you will get the information on your email.

Please, this is a first version, let's see how it is working and improve it.

No email yet. Also the page over at tanix-box still has not published the firmware

• TANIX TX3 MAX & MINI "DUAL OS EDITION"

A) FLASH BY PC

Download this .IMG file and flash it by using the Amlogic's USB burning tool from your Windows computer. You will need an USB to USB cable.

Here you can find a similar guide: How to flash

Join LibreELEC or Freaktab community

DOWNLOAD

B) UPDATE FROM TF/USB MEMORY

Download this .ZIP file and upgrade your system by using the pre-installed "UPDATE" APP.

1. Copy the .ZIP to a TF Card or USB memory.

2. Plug it to your TV Box.

3. Open UPDATE APP already pre-installed.

4. Press "Select" and choose the .ZIP file.

5. Press "Update" and wait.

DOWNLOAD

TANIX TX3 MAX & MINI - DUAL OS EDITION - LIBREELEC + ANDROID

Hi Tanixer,

we have developed a dual OS firmware. It includes LibreELEC 8.2 and Android 7.1 running from eMMC internal memory. Hope you can find this interesting.

You can find two options for installing, "A", what is a full image and must be flashed from your computer and "B" what is a .ZIP file and you can update your Tanix from "Update" APP already installed.

There is a communty online, we have included some links before, so you can join and share your feedback .

This is the first version, so, hope you can understand if some bugs from LibreELEC are found. Anyway, many thanks for trying and being part of our Tanix family.

THANKS!

----------------------

B) UPDATE FROM TF/USB MEMORY

Download this .ZIP file and upgrade your system by using the pre-installed "UPDATE" APP.

1. Copy the .ZIP to a TF Card or USB memory.

2. Plug it to your TV Box.

3. Open UPDATE APP already pre-installed.

4. Press "Select" and choose the .ZIP file.

5. Press "Update" and wait.

------------------------------------------------

URL OPTION A:

MEGA

OPTION B UPDATE:

MEGA