• hi all
    noob here so guidence needed please
    running s805 chipset box non android..
    but 15.2 is latest i can find.is there an a libre file
    with later on 16 or so? tarfile with help please
    many thx :)
    [hr]
    follow up tried the update file and after reboot just got robot
    on floor reboot just same :( box is a venz s805 running oe ver 6.00 kernel 3.10.93 gpu mali 450 mp
    thx again peeps

Edited once, last by theraven (October 4, 2016 at 4:47 PM).

• read this LibreELEC

• hi all
    got a t95 android box and doin my head in :@
    is it poss to convert to open e or libre?
    if so can someone please tell a noob in easy terms instructions and wer to get ?
    many thx peeps

• hi all
    got a t95 android box and doin my head in :@
    is it poss to convert to open e or libre?
    if so can someone please tell a noob in easy terms instructions and wer to get ?
    many thx peeps

You need to find out what chip this device has, if it's S905, then download the img.gz & use rufus to burn image to a microsd card, use recovery mode to get it to boot from the card for the first boot, after that, it will reboot to libreelec.
    If you remove the sd card, it will boot to android.

LibreELEC

Edited once, last by bubblegum57 (October 16, 2016 at 10:46 PM).

• hi mate
    ty again.. I am use to openelec so this is all new to me :(
    all im getting is probs cannot connect via ip addy no probs with o/e
    this box wont read sd or usb :(
    the box if is T95_2G VER 5.1.1 KERN VER it01ubuntu

lost me wer that file is sorry m8 that me sd has to be left in?
    cheersm8

• Ok, you need to download the correct file for your device, I'm not sure exactly what that is, if you get the version 7 to start with, version 8 needs the dtb file replaced. It will be xxxx.img.gz

I use rufus, so download rufus to a windows pc, Rufus - Create bootable USB drives the easy way where is says iso, select dd, then burn the image onto a sd card, or even a usb stick.

Remove power lead, Plug the stick or card into the T95, there should be a small hole in the box somewhere to get to recovery mode, push a paperclip or similar into the hole until you hear a click. Hold it in, now plug the mains/power lead back in.

After a few seconds, perhaps 30, let go of the paperclip, it should now start to show the libreelec logo, If all goes well, that should be that.

With the next reboot it should just automatically boot to libreelec. The card needs to be in for it to boot to libreelec. If you remove the card, android will boot up. If you don't want android, you can install to internal memory, (NAND)

but I don't do that.

Points to bear in mind, apparently, not all usb ports will work, you need to try both. Also, even if you install the wrong image, it will not damage your device.

I think, this page has the image you need LibreELEC

About halfway down, Downloads: 7.0.2.007

Then follow instructions

I am not sure what device tree you need, but when you plug your sd/usb drive into a pc, you will see the boot partition, that is where the dtb.img file is.
    just download a device tree, rename to dtb.img & overwrite the one on the boot partition

Edited once, last by bubblegum57 (October 17, 2016 at 3:27 PM).

• hi m8
    many many thx but way to much for noob wish I kept openelec box now :huh: :huh:
    never had probs like this even backing up my build is headache with efs...
    ill just try and get openelec file for the t95 I no wat im doing then :s
    seen a few but don't wanna brick it..
    thxagain m8

• Just take one step at a time, download rufus
    download image
    burn to usb stick
    plug into device

It is quite straight forward, if you get stuck at one bit, get back to us

• hi mate
    downloaded rufus wen open it total blank on comp
    I cant open box files via ip addy windows givin errors tried 2 diff boxes and the same prob
    rufus gotta be on box m8? pulled down via website 2 diff none open
    :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:
    cheers

Edited once, last by theraven (October 17, 2016 at 5:59 PM).

• you download rufus to a windows pc, just like I said install it, or run the portable version. then run rufus with a sd card plugged into the windows pc, then burn the image,

You do not need access to the tv box.

• hi mate
    thx again so I get imz not zip file burn to cd then copy image (file) to sd card then run rufus with the free dos changed to dd?
    tried mate but saying image not valid could not post pic (screenshot)Index of /s905/7.0.2.007/
    [hr]
    ../
    device_trees/ 22-Sep-2016 06:50 -
    LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.2.007.img.gz 07-Sep-2016 19:06 132363067
    LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.2.007.zip 07-Sep-2016 19:06 132058241
    aml_autoscript 07-Sep-2016 19:09 1174

Edited once, last by theraven (October 18, 2016 at 11:43 AM).

• who mentioned a cd? download im.gz file, then run rufus select dd from drop down, browse to where the im.gz file is & copy to the sd or usb you already have plugged into your pc.

Edited once, last by bubblegum57 (October 18, 2016 at 6:02 PM).

• hi mate
    loaded files on to sd via rufus , stuck in box holdin reset in
    but I just got boot normal robot screen 9 from sd etc checked contents not showing files (attached)
    which are in pic... :(

Seems like you need to get the correct device tree. If you installed version 7, then try another device tree from here device_trees

If, version 8, device_trees

I don't know what device tree is correct for your device. Try them one at a time. download the device tree, rename it to dtb.img then copy, (overwrite) to the boot folder on the sd card. If that doesn't work, then try another & another, if that doesn't work, then I have no idea.

I see from your picture, you are not showing the file extension, you need to show it on your pc. I do not know how to do that on your pc, you will need to google.

• Provided the card is plugged in, it will automatically boot to LibreELEC every time.

I don't know how to install to NAND. There are instructions here LibreELEC

cheers m8
    more grrrr lol I put my build on the libre was ok but cant make backup
    " there is not enough free storage space to continue"
    any ideas ??

• Probably connect ot it via the SMB shares and copy the complete userdata folder to a different computer.

Or stick a USB Stick in and use that as a location