Posts by shedrock

Then maybe a database entry is missing on the LE installation, and the add-on can't write into it.

I don't know the database type (MySQL etc.), but there are tools to read those files (MySQL workbench etc.).

If you really want to invest the time, compare the database files by using appropriate tools, and eventually add missing entries.

For the amount of times that I have installed LE I am 100% certain that it's not a DB problem. I can't get every LE installation wrong and all the Windows installations right. Just today alone I've installed LE over 4 times regarding another issue. I also tested it today with 3 TV show series (Blue Bloods, Hooten & the Lady and Strange Things) The cast did not show in those either. I have tested this to the max of my ability and I have not gained any head way so far. I have asked the developers on the Kodi forums and was instructed to post it here, but I can't get any of them to let me know if it will be addressed because I am sure they have more important issues to deal with, which seems reasonable.

Shedrock

I am just using LE straight into my TV. It has been that way for over 8 years. Well, prior to LE, it was on OpenELEC. It is definitely not on my end. I just started another TV show from the previous one and the cast does not show. I also did this installation at 4am, and I can't be doing anything wrong on every install when in the past it has always worked. DaVu did confirm that he replicated the issue. Other than that, I have no clue. It is driving me crazy though. I can also take this entire installation, ie, my addons folder, as well as userdata folder excluding the database file and it works on Windows without any issues.

Shedrock

This is really, really strange. I am back on LE 9.0.2 and I am currently watching a TV series called "This Way Up" and the Cast is actually showing, but yet it does not work for any of the other TV Show episodes that I have watched in the past. This is about the 6th re-installation of LE and it has never worked before. I wonder if it is a TVDB issue, which is strange considering I've always used TVDB to scrape my TV shows.

Shedrock

shedrock :

Do you use a custom skin or fanart? I'm asking because I read "fanart" lines at your log.

If yes, use the default skin and disable fanart. Sometimes GUI entries are invisible, because graphics is missing for a custom GUI config.

I have a few test LE setups with just the default skin. However, the default skin as far as I know does not have the option of showing the cast while the episode is playing using the info button on the remote. It is definitely an LE problem. I just wanted to know if it was addressed yet, but I guess it hasn't. :(

I only use TVDB for TV shows and UMS for Movies. Here is the screenshots. This is just an example of one of my TV folders. All the others *only* use TVDB for TV Shows.

screenshot000.png

screenshot001.png

DaVu confirmed that this was indeed broken on LE 9.0.1, but I have checked to see if it was fixed in the follow up releases, but never got confirmation.

Here is a partial log of me refreshing the series "Discovery of Witches" using TVDB.

hastebin

Thanks,

Shedrock

A few months ago I asked about this issue on the Kodi forums (THREAD) regarding the "Cast" not being displayed while the TV show is playing and info is pressed. DaVu mentioned that he would speak to the LibreELEC team members regarding the matter so I am just following up on it to know if it is something that would be looked at in the near future. :)

Regards,and thank you all for the ongoing hard work on LE.

Shedrock

I am not certain where I should have posted this, or even the subject title. If this is the wrong forum, then please accept my apologies.

Here is the issue I am struggling with for the longest while, and I know now that it may not be an addon issue, but maybe related to LibreELEC. Whenever I setup a widget for "Episodes Airing Today" which uses SHS, as well as SHSW, I don't see the full list of episodes that are airing today while using LibreELEC. However, if I am using Kodi under Windows, it works just fine using either the Kodi Repo version of TVShow Next Aired, or even other modified versions of the addon above v.6.0.15, but this depends on the skin I am using. If I use Aeon MQ7 (Mod), it works great on LibreELEC while using TV Show Next Aired v.6.0.15, but I can use any version on my Windows PC and it works.I even tried copying the entire "addon" and "userdata" folder from Windows (minus the Database folder) and it still does not work as it should.I've tried many installations and configurations, but I have had zero success. I know it is not a high priority for most people but maybe someone can shed some light on it for me. I have also checked with many other versions of the addons "dependencies" and I am out of ideas now.:(

I would appreciate any help with this if someone has the time.

Thank you in advance,

Shedrock

0.o That's very possible. It's also a 4 year old release, so some add-ons of Kodi may no longer work. But it's all up to you.

Just to be clear. I was referring to LibreELEC in my initial post. My comparison was with Helix, even now, I have zero issues, so it won't be a memory problem. Anyway, I will continue to monitor it.

Cheers!

Shedrock

LibreELEC itself does not have a hardware testing section. You could try one of these tools.

Normally, either a memory DIMM works or not. If it doesn't work properly, the operating system tends to crash.

A slowing down PC could also suffer a dying harddisk / SSD. You can run S.M.A.R.T. tests on those too (not within LibreELEC).

I have zero issues with Kodi Helix. It works flawlessly. I think the problem is that the SSD 120GB is full. I know this because my backup is 25GB and the backup prompted me with that message. I removed some older backups and it seems to have stopped crashing now. I will continue to monitor it.

Thanks,

Shedrock

I am actually using the IR dongle that came with my Zotac box. I just removed it from plain sight. Everything works great so I really don't need to do anything, but I did have to use the MCE addon to set my Harmony GUIDE button to open the context menu on the videos, as well as the "Ok" button to bring up the OSD while a movie is playing. Other than that, zero issues so far, apart from my system crashing constantly with LibreELEC which is a whole other nightmare.

Shedrock