Intermittent video playback issues

• Since I installed LibreELEC 9.0.1 and 9.0 I've noticed that sometimes when I try to play a video file it would play sometimes. If I try to play another movie it may or may not play and I have to reboot. I also noticed a lot of restarting of Kodi. I have attached my log file hoping someone can tell me what wrong. I do find that problem has gotten worse today for some reason. I also experience the issue on a fresh install as well.

Logfile: ZeroBin

Thanks in advance for the assistance.

Shedrock

• I do find that problem has gotten worse today for some reason.

A slow hardware failure..? I'm running a Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3225 office machine here with a very basic LibreELEC setup. It doesn't have the troubles you have. Run checks on the memory DIMMs.

About your advancedsettings.xml file, I would remove/disable the <cache> and the <gui> tags. I never had to use any cache settings on my pc.

Also, one problem video in your kodi.log file is enough. No need to display half your collection, it makes the log file unnecessarily large.

• How do I run a check on my Memory DIMMs? I have absolutely no clue how to do that on LibreELEC. I did remove those lines in the advancedsettings.xml file, so I'll see what happens with it today.

Thanks for your help.

Shedrock

• LibreELEC itself does not have a hardware testing section. You could try one of these tools.

Normally, either a memory DIMM works or not. If it doesn't work properly, the operating system tends to crash.

A slowing down PC could also suffer a dying harddisk / SSD. You can run S.M.A.R.T. tests on those too (not within LibreELEC).

I have zero issues with Kodi Helix. It works flawlessly. I think the problem is that the SSD 120GB is full. I know this because my backup is 25GB and the backup prompted me with that message. I removed some older backups and it seems to have stopped crashing now. I will continue to monitor it.

Thanks,

Shedrock

• 0.o That's very possible. It's also a 4 year old release, so some add-ons of Kodi may no longer work. But it's all up to you.

Just to be clear. I was referring to LibreELEC in my initial post. My comparison was with Helix, even now, I have zero issues, so it won't be a memory problem. Anyway, I will continue to monitor it.

Cheers!

Shedrock