Posts by Asxetos

I try to setup LE 10.0.1 generic on a NUC7i3, and i face these 2 problems.

1. HDMI gives me only up to 30hz support on 4K, (the HDMI on NUC7i3 supports up to 60hz) and HDMI-CEC is not working

2. SSH and TigerVNC work fine when the connection is on DHCP (wifi connection), but both throw a "connection refused" when i set the connection to static.

Going back and forth from dhcp to static to troubleshoot, most of the times causes KODI to crash and restart.

The settings i use are correct, not the first time i do this.

Something i miss?

Hi everyone,

I am setting up a new Libreelec box with an Asrock N3700 mb (pentium N3700) and i am stuck with the DVB-T tuner install.

It is a HP usb tuner with dev_id: VID_07CA&PID_0337 (same as VID_07CA&PID_A867, works with the standard af9035 kernel driver). I am running on amlogic for a long time, and the tuner guaranteed works fine.

My problem is that when i plug it on any usb port on the mb (4 usb2, 4 usb3), it is not seen at all by the system (an lsusb via SSH does not list it).

The ports work fine (a usb stick works on all of them), and the tuner also works fine on the amlogic box.

Am i missing something?

Some advise please,

I needed an upgrade in hardware for my main Kodi box (a Ki-pro s905d), and instead of upgrading to an arm device again like a S922x, i bought a used 7th gen i3 NUC for about the same cost.

My question is, which platform should i go for.

Install LibreElec which would be the obvious choice, or try a Linux + Kodi install, or even a Windows + Kodi install.

Any experience from you on those platforms?

Thanks...

@ Demitris

2 questions Dimitris, regarding an "old" S802 1GB box.

Fully works with your MXIII-1G rom variant, but:

I have always ONLY been able to update with the tar file (on a fresh install, i must first flash an old openelec build through recovery, and then update with the tar).

Since your first release, if i boot with the img burnt on an SD card, gives me "corrupted file system detected" and if i let it do the repair, says "system is beyond repair bla-bla-bla". I even flashed the Remix-115k4.zip, android works, but your img will not get past the repair.

I have been trying to boot armbian on it, but Balbes150's images probably do not support this box. Tried sd, usb, newer and older dtb's for this box, nothing, black screen for hours.

Any pointers? Thanks.

After a lot of editing and testing, i figured it.

The problem occurs if the strings in the "TV - Timer rule" list pictured above are translated to Greek.

The guilty strings are #820 - #823 in the "strings.po" file, inside "resource.language.el_gr" addon.

After i found and corrected them, Kodi with tvheadend and pvr.hts work fine in Greek.

I attach a corrected "resource.language.el_gr" addon for everyone with this problem (Kodi - addons - install addon from zip file), as it seems to occur in all platforms. It's a dirty patch but it's all i could do. I think the code in Kodi needs corrections.

resource.language.el_gr-OK.zip

If possible, you guys could report this up the chain to Kodi team.

If i try to use VDR for live TV on a Mecool Ki-PRO, i cannot scan for channels. Both with script.config.vdr addon, and w-scan via SSH.

They cannot communicate properly with the tuner.

If i use the channels.conf file from a mini-MX box used with a cheap USB tuner I can watch TV, but with NO EPG. Resetting epg-channel data does not help either.

Just FYI, I tested an Alexelec build for this box and it works fine, both channel scanning and EPG (but it uses a modified driver, a newer VDR and a different channel-scanning tool).

Looks like a driver - tools used - config problem?

If i try to use TVHeadend with pvr.hts for live TV, i cannot switch the interface language in Kodi to Greek (i don't need to, but i want it).

Kodi and TVHeadend service only (no pvr.hts) have no problem with Greek, but once you install the pvr.hts addon, it crashes Kodi and forces a boot loop. It works fine if the interface language is English.

It has been reported again here and here. It looks like the problem goes deeper than just pvr.hts

but i haven't seen any progress.

The bug happens on all boxes i used (a Mini-MX -S905, and a Ki-pro S905D).

PS, as a test i modified the pvr.hts (replaced the strings.po in the greek lang-dir with the English one, so practically pvr.hts is in English but no luck). Looks like the bug is deeper in the code.

I pulled them, but i can't do a new compile till tomorrow. Anyway it's just minor details. Important stuff is working as they should now.

For the gui problem i have, i think it is part my TV and part ES to blame. It's an older Sony model and i think ES does not like the auto-detected resolution (720p). If i boot to kodi first and change the resolution to 1080, then ES works ok too. But as i said i probably am not the only one...

PS, I thought perhaps the roms folder should be added to smb.conf to make it accessible (instead of "emulators" folder which is useless).

its "fresh" fork with my changes applied, but I tried to keep most changes isolated from the main build.

are you building from my source directly?

Ok, i figured it.

Yesterday i deleted everything and started from scratch. FYI everything compiles without a hitch now.
    But for my situation, i still need for KODI to load first for a very good reason. As is (ES loading first) i get NO GUI, and no way to change anything. SSH should be loaded by the autorun script, but it is not.
    After i did that ALL is working good (Exit to games works fine and ES loads ok).

PS, i think kodi should remain first to load. I am certainly not the only one with this kind of peculiarities.

But all and all i think you can call it a success!!!

are you using make image PROJECT=S905 ARCH=arm? and switching to your correct dtb after writing to SD?

it seems weird that it works for me (emulationstation-config ran with no problem), and I can exit to ES without any manual changes, not sure why the differences.

Of course i do, and i am not sure either. Is your build a fresh from the new repo or is it a stitch and patch build?
    Just needs looking into...

I added asound.conf to the s905 project, added emulationstation to the exit menu in Kodi, and fixed some ES settings.

so right now the project is now 99% ported to Kszaqs LE 8, as many people requested, it starts kodi first, then you can choose ES from the exit menu.

here is the source, no binaries yet.
    GitHub - shantigilbert/LibreELEC.tv: 'Just enough OS' for Kodi. Sx05 Retro Edition, an emulation build based on LibreELEC for S905, S805 Devices.

It's not working on me...

no, they are there, you just need to select the branch (Sx05RE) and inside the sx05re folder, I am trying to have it all separated.

but there is another problem on my side.

LibreELEC:~ # emulationstation
    lvl0: Error initializing SDL!
    SDL not built with video support
    lvl0: Renderer failed to initialize!
    lvl0: Window failed to initialize!

:(

edit: nevermind, fixed :)

Ok. ES config corrected (to a point) but i get the same as you.
    It must be an sdl2 config thing, but i am not that of an expert :( .

How did you fix it?

I have no idea how to push changes on github :sick: :D . Never messed with it (that's your department).
    Is it my imagination, or are the changes missing from the new repo?

Any way, later tonight again...