Posts by Asxetos

The card is really fast, it's a Samsung uhs1.

The box boots really fast, just a few seconds to get ssh.

No gui starts, unless i manually start kodi and then the games gui comes to life and they start fighting.

If i manually try to start (like kodi) emulationstation or retroarch by:
    "touch /var/lock/start.games" or "touch /var/lock/start.retro" followed by "systemctl start retroarch or emustation"
    but before i start kodi, nothing happens. Both games gui's come alive only if kodi is started.

Weird...

PS
    I like your approach better because it (can be) more complete.
    My guess is (since it works on your end) it is a strange box compatibility problem.
    Perhaps it can be fixed if i compile it from scratch using minimx 1gb dtb and settings (add it as a new S905 device).

I will check why is doing that, seems very weird, I am using v1.2 right now, but I will download the image and try that one, maybe by mistake I did something wrong.

Now it's getting weird.

I see you have set emulationstation to load in autostart.sh but it doesn't.
    After i added a couple of roms and bios, when i manually start kodi gui, at the same time out of the blue the emulationstation gui pops out, and the two gui's are fighting each other.
    Plus the emulationstation gui is stretched and i can only see the top left part (about 1/4 i guess) on a 1920x1080 TV.

PS
    no change with your dtb (i use gxbb_p200_1G_1Gbit.dtb)

you should have gotten your device splash screen surely, right?

If you can try with the dtbs I linked just to make sure it is not that.

Don't worry about the splash screen, i don't get one with LE either (old tv compatibility probably).

But, It takes an unreasonable amount of time ~ >7-8 mins, and finally emulationstation appears on ps output.
    after that "touch /var/lock/start.kodi" - "systemctl start kodi" works and gui comes on.

On reboot, again no gui, and "systemctl start kodi" alone does not work, needs "touch /var/lock/start.kodi" every time.
    I think this needs fixing. Gui should start automatically.

Will try the games part and report...

Just wait am going to release a new beta4 image soon with updated kernel to latest 3.10.104 LTS from The Linux Kernel Archives and upstream libreelec changes ;)

Στάλθηκε από το GT-I9300 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Demetris, two of the patches in /packages/sysutils/lirc are broken (on beta3 and beta4) in your repo.
    I've corrected them locally to be able to compile the source, but i am not 100% sure if its correct.

Check it out, if you think they are ok, i'll upload the beta4 image for the mxiii-1g (it seems to work fine as it is now anyway) ...

patches.zip

Efharisto file mou, tha to anevaso molis teleiosei.

Thanks my friend, I' ll upload it when done.

roel my source is ready to also build for (MXIII-1G),(M8),(T8) i just need the time and the motivation so if you guys have any request i can do it but bare in mind that updates cant be done so frequently for obvious reasons.

Kalimera Demetris

I also have an MXIII-1G and would like to try Libreelec 8.0,

I more than able to compile it my self if you don't have the time, but the code in your repo looks quite old.

Source code is ready to compile 32-bit userspace only. To compile for aarch64 you need to delete this patch: Python-32bit-usespace-workaround.patch and rename (or copy) linux.arm.conf to linux.aarch64.conf. Remember that the main reason for 32-bit userspace is memory leak that has not been fixed.

You also need to disable SARADC.

It's ready.

Thanks for the help kszaq,
    So this is OK? "PROJECT=S905 ARCH=arm make amlpkg"
    And do you mean disable this "CONFIG_AM_SARADC" ?

Some questions about compiling from source. What confuses me (among others) is the 32bit userspace vs 64bit cpu.

Would this be ok to compile with 32bit userspace? "PROJECT=S905 ARCH=arm make amlpkg" (and again with ARCH=aarch64 for 64bit userspace?)

Would changing "CONFIG_AML_TEMP_SENSOR" in linux.arm.conf be enough to compile with temp-sensor enabled vs disabled?

Are there any changes necessary to prepare for dual boot support or is the source code ready for SD boot as well as internal nand install?

Just want to familiarize my self with this.
    Thanks...