Posts by dtech

Thank you for this my fellow Hungarian :)

Halihó! ;)

The essence of the factory recovery method would be that after pressing the reset button, although the internal uboot starts, if it is not damaged. After that, instead of the kernel it calls the recovery.img from the SD card and then from the USB, finally from the eMMC. (Obviously, it boots what it finds first from the previous sequence.)

It seems that this is either not implemented in upstream uboot for some reason, or maybe some condition is not met, IDK... :/

There might be a workaround, please rename the recovery.img file on the "unbrick" SD card to KERNEL and try booting it again.

Sasser

AMLOGIC

To set expectations, here’s the ‘No’ list:

• No support for updates from older LE releases (clean install is mandatory)
    • No support for internal eMMC install except WeTek Hub/Play2 and SBC boards
    • No support for SSV6501 and S908CS WiFi chips
    • No drivers for in-box DVB tuners
    • No hardware deinterlacing
    • No HDR to SDR tonemapping
    • No formal support for newer S905X2/D2/Y2, S905X3, S922X, A311D devices (read below)

chewitt

Question: Is there any valid reason why the stock bootloader must be replaced for the LE11+ image?

I'm only asking this because it seems that the box image can run from an SD card under the factory bootloader without any problems, so I see this as an unnecessarily dangerous thing.

This is exactly why I don't dare to use emmctool, because at the moment it doesn't seem like any kind of "disaster recovery" would work for WP2 and the Hub. One thing is certain, that the number of problematic cases is much more than zero. Knowing this, I consider it a bit risky to release not sufficiently tested images that overwrite the factory bootloader.

Hi,

When I restored CE backup on LE, I did it complete with all addons and settings. With option to make restore inside of LE settings.

I use TVhedednd 4.3 with icam patch.

When I installed fresh LE, i just installed this TVH (used in CE) and nothing else. This is TVh I installed: https://temp-file.org/s65xwrZiz1AMOOp/file

If there is a problem with my version, I am happy to help you, but if you're using a binary outside of my repo, I can't provide support.

In addition, I still haven't received an answer from you for most of the questions I asked. :(

I tried all three drivers inside LE and no power on dvb-t2 coaxial input.

Did you measure that there is 0V DC on the coax, or are you just guessing? If the latter, what do you base this on?

This is important because if the voltage is present, but there is a bad signal or ablolutely no signal at all, then the whole thing leads to a dead end, and we are trying to trace a non-existent error. If you don't mind, I'd like to avoid that for obvious reasons...

I tried all three drivers inside LE and no power on dvb-t2 coaxial input.

With CE each driver has power on dvb-t2 coaxial input, also when I restore CE backup on LE dvb-t2 coaxial input had power.

I cannot understand your whole procedure in this way... ?(

When you restore the CE backup on LE, do you restore it together with TvHeadend? I mean with the complete add-on and its settings?

^ This is quite important information, because now I don't even know whether you are using the CE's or LE's TvHeadend binary.

According to the signs, the problem is not caused by the driver, because it is integrated in the image. However the TvHeadend binary is not!

By the way, you didn't write which TvHeadend you use, v4.2 or v4.3? And are you absolutely sure that you managed to set exactly the same settings in TvHeadend during the clean installation as during CE? (Especially whether the settings of the multiplexes match.)

I need specific information, because this way I'm just groping in the dark. I don't mind if you write a short novel, I just ask that it have tangible information content, some logs, screenshots, whatever...

I just installed fresh LE with only Tvhedend installed. It work with dvb-s2 channel well, but I am not able to check dvb-t2 (HEVC) channels due to fact I need extra power 5v for my terrestrial antena and I cant find this option inside of this installed tvheadend (inside CE it seems this antenna power is always on).

As far as I know, the KIII Pro contains the exact the same tuner as the KI Pro and KII Pro boxes. In my case, 5V is constantly present on the DVB-T/C coaxial inputs, it can also be measured with a multimeter. I also use an RF amplifier on my yagi antenna which supplied directly from the coax.

However, I suspect a driver problem, so please try the dvb-latest or crazycat_aml packages, these contain impoved dvb drivers.

Add-ons -> Program add-ons -> LibreELEC Module Drivers

there is the problem with play HEVC video content (stuttering, audio out of sync)

I will need a little more information than this, because the format of the file is only one thing, besides that, there are quite a few other parameters of that media file.

A log would be good (pastekodi), and a part of the file that was played incorrectly would be also helpful if you could upload it somewhere.

I have installed CE 9.2.8 on device and HEVC video play without issue on this system.

I made backup of CE 9.2.8 system and restore it on LE 9.2.8.10, but problem with HEVC video still existing.

Please, do not restore a CE backup on LE, because although the two systems are similar, there are quite a few differences between them.

It's even worse if you try to use pre-compiled CE binary addons under LE, even just a simple pvr addon. This two systems are not (fully) compatible with each other, so please don't do that!

I can only help if the answer to this question is "Yes":

Does the above issue persist under a "clean" LE 9.2.8.10 installation?

Hi, first of all thank you very much for your amazing work, how you brought my old little mxq box back to life is charming. Although I'm having issues while trying to build an image from the source you provided, I dont know if here is the right place to ask for help but compilation is failing only 5 steps before completion would it be okay if I share the log with you? or where can I ask for help? by the way im trying to compile it using WSL2 with ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS and I'm trying with the code from the tag 9.2.8.10-S8XX, the command I'm running with make is make image PROJECT=S805 DEVICE=HD18Q ARCH=arm.

Thanks in advance

cheers!

It is not recommended to post logs on the forum. For this purpose, it might be better if you open a ticket on GitHub under my repo, and we can discuss the details there.

[bit off topic]

Thank you. But how do you copy-paste without being able to select text? I just tried with a mouse. Got the key-stuff on a usb stick.

[/bit off topic]

In the case of local input, it is probably not possible at all, so typing remains there.

I wrote this only because even a USB keyboard is much faster than a long text entry with a simple IR or RF remote control. :)

Any tips on how to copy-paste the api-keys? I've been typing on the remote control for an hour or so, and it still tells me its wrong. Going nuts here. ||

I tried to edit the settings.xml, but it does not save because of viewing-mode in linux (idk). And there is an issue on the yt github about the key not actually being saved in settings.xml. So there is also that. So it has to be saved by typing into the yt settings, unless someone real smart knows another way...

Try editing 'api_keys.json' via SMB:

\\<IP-address-of-your-device>\Userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.youtube\api_keys.json

... or directly under SSH:

nano ~/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.youtube/api_keys.json

But the simplest solution is the following:

In the Settings menu of the addon, there is an API menu item, where you need to enable the Enable API configuration page option. After you need to open http://<IP-address-of-your-device>:50152/api in a browser, then copy and paste the required values.

But, if you insist on local input, you can even plug a USB keyboard into the device, which is a little faster than using a simple remote control. :)

crubyape

You should try it with another 12V DC (center-positive) adapter. If it works fine with the another power supply, then the factory power adapter of the box is broken.

But if it produces the same with the replacement power supply, then the 5V voltage regulator (eg STI3470 or similar) or the boost converter IC (INN8186 on the tuner) responsible for producing the 18V LNB power supply may have shorted.

(M8)Baby steps...

Commits · dtechsrv/u-boot
    UBoot for AML CPUs. Contribute to dtechsrv/u-boot development by creating an account on GitHub.
    github.com

But the KMQN10006B-B318 chip on the PCB, which is an eMMC+LPDDR2 RAM hybrid IC, is pretty insane stuff without any documentation to be found. I'm done with the memory timings, but the system won't start at the moment. (It's booted, but there's still work to be done.)

Hi guys, I was wondering if HDR10 and Dolby vision is supported and past on to the TV with these builds?

HDR10 is also supported on my GXL/GXM images (h265 only!), but Dolby Vision is a licensed stuff, so it is not supported by Kodi even under the latest version.

I just wanted to say thanks for all the hard work keeping these old devices working. I've spent the past couple of days reading through these posts and trying several different .img until I realized my Matricom Q box (S802) seems to be happy with the K200-AP6330_2G.arm. version 9.2.8.10

Is this currently the newest version that will work with my box or is it possible to get LE 11 working ? I had attempted to get Chewitt's testing LibreELEC-AMLMX.arm-10.88.0-box.img version working with out any luck.

Sorry, but I cannot test mainline-based versions in current state, because I don't have an S802 box, and my S812 boxes can only boot with 1 core (M8S+, WeTek Core), so unfortunately none of them could start the AMLMX image by chewitt .

I just installed LibreElec 9.2.8.10 on my device Mecool KIII Pro (S912), but I have probelm with my orginal wifi on device and use external usb wifi (rtl8821CU), which one is not working with LibreElec 9.2.8.10.

Can you help me how to add this driver in LibreElec, if it is possible?

I will try to add the missing Realtek wifi driver, but I ask for a little patience until the beginning of September.