Posts by dtech

Hi guys, I was wondering if HDR10 and Dolby vision is supported and past on to the TV with these builds?

HDR10 is also supported on my GXL/GXM images (h265 only!), but Dolby Vision is a licensed stuff, so it is not supported by Kodi even under the latest version.

I just wanted to say thanks for all the hard work keeping these old devices working. I've spent the past couple of days reading through these posts and trying several different .img until I realized my Matricom Q box (S802) seems to be happy with the K200-AP6330_2G.arm. version 9.2.8.10

Is this currently the newest version that will work with my box or is it possible to get LE 11 working ? I had attempted to get Chewitt's testing LibreELEC-AMLMX.arm-10.88.0-box.img version working with out any luck.

Sorry, but I cannot test mainline-based versions in current state, because I don't have an S802 box, and my S812 boxes can only boot with 1 core (M8S+, WeTek Core), so unfortunately none of them could start the AMLMX image by chewitt .

I just installed LibreElec 9.2.8.10 on my device Mecool KIII Pro (S912), but I have probelm with my orginal wifi on device and use external usb wifi (rtl8821CU), which one is not working with LibreElec 9.2.8.10.

Can you help me how to add this driver in LibreElec, if it is possible?

I will try to add the missing Realtek wifi driver, but I ask for a little patience until the beginning of September.

I removed the emmc module ...

^ What does that mean? Did you unsolder the eMMC chip from the PCB?

well that again didn't work

BootcardMaker writes u-boot.bin to sector 0 of the SD card, so the bootloader should start even without the eMMC module.

If this doesn't work either, then maybe you didn't follow the instructions correctly, or the SD card (or possibly the slot) is also faulty.

It was clear to me ..

I'm glad it's clear to you, especially since you wrote it, but I think this sentence means nothing to non-expert users.

The legacy version booted straight to LibreELEC without the need for pressing the reset button on my device ...

^ With this kind of wording, I think "You must press that button again to boot LE11 from SD card" is much more understandable than "you MUST invoke recovery mode boot". I don't like to complicate things unnecessarily... :)

Legacy images use different boot-scripts and boot files to the AMLGX image so you MUST invoke recovery mode boot so the vendor u-boot searches for aand finds/loads/stores updated boot-scripts that tell it what files to use. If this is not done u-boot is looking for boot files that don't exist and .. it isn't going to boot. Similarly if you have been running AMLGX and want to revert to the legacy image you need to do the same else u-boot is looking for the AMLGX boot files and won't find/use the legacy ones.

chewitt

You described the reason, but you didn't detail the solution. :)

tecc

In short: it is necessary to execute the "toothpick method" again, because aml_autoscript is executed only in this case.

Unfortunately, the Android ROM developer ( willie.xu ) didn't respond to my numerous inquiries, so I might end up trying to compile my own uboot for this box, to fixing these errors, if that's possible. (I haven't done this before, so it might not work.)

But CEC will probably never work because it doesn't seem to even be physically connected.

At least I have a small sense of success that I was able to carve out a hole for the UART socket at the bottom of the box:

So don't have to leave this piece of garbage all the time disassembled... 8o

Thanks for replying with this to my question from some time ago. I've been running LibreELEC (dtech) 9.2.8.8 - Kodi 18.9 Leia ever since but for the life of me can't remember exactly what dtb.img I actually did use (here's the MD5: 4c723801b797f26828caed55ebec8b32 in case that helps).

The answer:

Code
    LibreELEC:~ # find /usr/share/bootloader/device_trees -type f -exec md5sum {} \; | grep 4c723801b797f26828caed55ebec8b32
    4c723801b797f26828caed55ebec8b32  /usr/share/bootloader/device_trees/gxl_p212_2g_nand.dtb

Since CEC sudddenly does no longer work on a friend's TV of mine (who owns the same box), I was planning to use the original remote, so I've downloaded LibreELEC-AMLGX.arm-11.0.3-box.img.gz and tried renaming each of these ...

For versions based on the mainline kernel (LE10+), the dtb setting is different compared to legacy versions.

Please check if you have done the settings correctly as described in the description:

https://wiki.libreelec.tv/hardware/amlogic#box-images

I'm not sure if the kernel in the WeTek Hub LE11 image is working. I tried booting from an SD card with it and it didn't work either.

However, the box image boots flawlessly from the SD card.

chewitt Is it possible that the Hub image is not compatible with the WeTek factory u-boot?

I am looking for kernel source code (DTS, kernel Config and some other files for building Linux) . Can you give me hint where to find those files?

The information you need can be found in the leading post in this topic:

dtech
    February 7, 2021 at 2:33 PM

chewitt

IIRC that the UART on my Hub still works during uboot loading, and it only starts producing random output when the kernel is loaded.

But I'll check in the afternoon because I'm not sure I remember correctly. :/

thegooddoctor

Maybe the standard 3-pin ("stereo") 3.5 mm Jack will also be good, because the inner ring on the sleeve side is not connected anywhere:

Edit: Confirmed, so it works with the 3-pin Jack, and there produces UART output with the LE v11.0.3 box image.

A simple 3.5 mm to 2.5 mm Jack adapter was used with Play's factory RS232 cable:

However, something is wrong with the Hub image, because it refuses to boot for me either.

took the meson-gxbb-wetek-hub.dtb and renamed it to dtb.img and moved it to the root of the filesystem and rebooted and this worked

^ This step was completely unnecessary. With the mainline kernel-based versions, you no longer need to rename anything.

Anyway, that's not what's causing your problem...

Verify pinout --- above images are correct

I have my UART cable

The factory UART cable uses a 4-pin Jack. Although I suddenly don't remember the wiring, I also have a DIY version that I built.

But if you need it, I can measure the correct wiring when I'm home.

By the way, the WP2 uses a 2.5 mm jack, which is not compatible just because of its size.

edit: tried a bunch of different settings; switched RX and TX (reduced output); and even another UART device,
    checked my wires for connectivity and shorts (all good); went to manufacturer's website to download new drivers ... no change

It's not a TTL-level thing, so it has to be connected directly to a serial port with a DB9 connector. Do not use an RS232-TTL converter.

Regardless, under LE11 the UART doesn't work on the Hub for some reason. I also only get static noise, and if the serial cable is plugged in, the image does not start. However, under LE 9.2 I can see everything on UART perfectly.

So, if you're testing an LE11 image, please don't use UART, the Jack connector should be empty.

Questions:

• Does the Hub logo appear on startup?
    • If you put the SD card back in does it boot?

Honest noob question. It has to do with the all black s805 mxq that has le installed to its internal rom.

What would/should happen if I do the toothpick method without having an sd/usb plugged in? In plain english, Just insert the toothpick in the av port, click the reset button inside it and plug the power supply in the wall outlet.

Nothing special happens except that the Android recovery loads. Although it can be used to cause damage (e.g. wipe data/cache partition), it is not a harmful thing in itself.

Thanks. Really works perfectly.

P.S. HDMI-CEC also doesn't work. Nothing can be done about it? :) The biggest inconvenience when using a TV box is to replug the power supply every time to turn it on.

I made a dump from the eMMC, and after a short analysis I found out who could be the author of this ROM (M8-20221108).

I will try to contact him, and if he replies, maybe we can move forward from this point. ;)

Edit:

In the meantime, it seems that I managed to burn in the MAC address, which is on the label at the bottom of the box.

^ However, this should have been done by the distributor, not the end user... :P

So the 9.2.8.10 is the fixed image? Or a newer one is on the way?

I revoked the first release (20220716) and released a new image (20220718) for S805 and S8X2 devices only. But the main version is not changed, it is still v9.2.8.10. (The release date is checked for the automatic update, not the major version number.)

Also, le-aml has automatic updates? What do I use then as custom url under the update settings?

In early June I was trying to teach my friend how to update it manually by downloading the right file and transfering it to the box...

Sometimes it's worth turning the page back to the leading post. :)

Automatic updates have been enabled for all devices except WeTek_Play because it had an update bug until v9.2.8.7.

NOTICE: If the auto update is enabled, but the installed version is not the latest, then the supported devices will automatically download and install it after restarting. If anyone has any issues with the update, please let me know in the comments.

You don't even need to use a custom url, just turn on the update and that's enough.