Legacy v9.2 (LTS) builds for Amlogic S805/S8X2, S905/S912 and all WeTek boxes

• Hello dtech ,

I recently started to utilize Libreelec on a Wetek Play (9.2.8.12) with dual DVB-S2 after switching to sat/unicable - Xmas project after long year experience with Linux/VDR/Kodi/Pulseaudio/... on PCs/Laptops/Raspis - thank you for the great SW for the box. Maybe you have few hints for me:

1. After fresh install to NAND I just can get black screen - so far made it work including IR-remote (black Terratec NEC remote) as update to v8 after no success via disp_cap/guisettings.xml. Any other proposal?
      (thought about setting the display mode via 'echo 1280p60hz > /sys/class/display/mode' if ssh would be enabled after fresh install ;)
    2. Loading alsa-device via module-udev-detect (want to try to utilize networked audio from Linux Laptops) leads to:
      pulseaudio[2118]: E: [pulseaudio] ltdl-bind-now.c: Failed to open module /usr/lib/pulse/module-alsa-card.so: /usr/lib/pulse/libalsa-util.so: undefined symbol: pa_alsa_ucm_device_update_available
      maybe related to https://bugs.gentoo.org/700870 .
      Manually loading the alsa device via pactl load-module module-alsa-sink (with or without device=hw:0,0) loads it but leads to 'audio data unaligned' :
      ====== audio_set_aiubuf ====== [103458.099160@1] I2S hw init,i2s mode 0
      [103458.099164@1] iec958 mode PCM16
      [103458.099170@1] aml_hw_iec958_init audio sr 44100
      [103458.099175@1] IEC958 16bit
      [103458.174502@1] audio data unligned: pos=2204, n=4816, align=16
      [103458.246167@1] audio data unligned: pos=2140, n=1360, align=16
      ... ('audio data unaligned' continues - with disturbed sound)

Your feedback is highly appreciated and thanks again.
    I case of any logs or tests just let me know.

A happy new year!

• After fresh install to NAND I just can get black screen - so far made it work including IR-remote (black Terratec NEC remote) as update to v8 after no success via disp_cap/guisettings.xml. Any other proposal?

If it worked from an SD card before, that's a little weird to me.
    Did you use the zip package for the installation, or did you upgrade from an earlier version?
    (Sorry, I just missed the point again: "After fresh install ...")

Loading alsa-device via module-udev-detect (want to try to utilize networked audio from Linux Laptops) leads to:
    pulseaudio[2118]: E: [pulseaudio] ltdl-bind-now.c: Failed to open module /usr/lib/pulse/module-alsa-card.so: /usr/lib/pulse/libalsa-util.so: undefined symbol: pa_alsa_ucm_device_update_available
    maybe related to https://bugs.gentoo.org/700870 .

I have to look into this, but I ask for your patience because I may not be available for a few days.

• I couldn't boot it from SD most probably as I got the box with WebOS 1.7 (the one with an sd-boot issue) and I couldn't find yet v1.6. Maybe you have it available?

Thanks for looking into it.

• Hi, I tried your latest build (9.2.8.12) on my Wetek Hub and there seems to be issues with the supplied IR remote - sometimes the select button doesn't work or seems to be double pressed etc. I also couldn't pair an alternative bluetooth remote as I couldn't get it detected under the bluetooth. Neither of these are issues on the original 9.2.8. I didn't test anything else given the difficulty in control. Cheers

• Hi, I tried your latest build (9.2.8.12) on my Wetek Hub and there seems to be issues with the supplied IR remote - sometimes the select button doesn't work or seems to be double pressed etc.

So far, no one has sent a report about the remote control error, and I haven't experienced a similar problem either. Unfortunately, the Hub has a pretty crappy remote control. Could it be that there is a physical problem with that button on your remote?

I also couldn't pair an alternative bluetooth remote as I couldn't get it detected under the bluetooth. Neither of these are issues on the original 9.2.8. I didn't test anything else given the difficulty in control.

Even with a Bluetooth connection, your description does not really cover what the problem is. I just tried it and connected several bluetooth devices to my Hub and they all paired and worked without any issue:

I know, it's a pretty basic question, but I have to ask: is 'Enable Bluetooth' turned in LE Setting addon under 'Services'?
    Also, is visibility/search function enabled on the pairing device you want to connect? (e.g. pressing a 'Connect' button)

• Hmmm, having said that it has now started playing up again after a few media scans and reboots... there must be something which gets corrupted. Bluetooth is on, shows my bluetooth remote, but it can't connect & the supplied IR remote 'OK' key is flakey (it's like its not polled 100% of the time - needs multiple clicks, there's no issue with it normally). I use a a custom .hwdb for my bluetooth remote, installed the Aeon MQ skin, but otherwise no other changes.

• ... the supplied IR remote 'OK' key is flakey (it's like its not polled 100% of the time - needs multiple clicks, there's no issue with it normally).

The remote control configuration of my build only differs from the last official one in terms of the functions of a couple of buttons, but the timings are the same. I still think that there will be something wrong with the OK button or with the batteries. I still think that there is something wrong with the 'OK' button or the batteries are partially dead. (But the first one is more suspicious.)

Bluetooth is on, shows my bluetooth remote, but it can't connect
    I use a a custom .hwdb for my bluetooth remote, installed the Aeon MQ skin, but otherwise no other changes.

Unfortunately, in the case of the Bluetooth connection, I cannot provide more specific help, because it is not really my area of expertise. However, since I managed to pair and connect 3 devices at the same time based on the screenshot above (a keyboard, a mouse and an audio device), I think the issue is not on the side of the box.

• Any idea on how to make this gamepad work on the all black mxq? It works fine on the pc (tested only on windows' built in app for checking the controllers) and it does show up inside kodi as you can see on the image below, but nothing happens when pressing the arrows/keys/joysticks. I have tried connecting it on all 4 usbs and changing its driver from linux to udev.

I have also tried an older, and better, gamepad from spartangear, which worked first try.

Code
    [  305.188133@0] Indeed it is in host mode hprt0 = 00041901
    [  305.390771@0] usb 2-1: New USB device found, idVendor=0810, idProduct=0001
    [  305.390787@0] usb 2-1: New USB device strings: Mfr=0, Product=2, SerialNumber=0
    [  305.390794@0] usb 2-1: Product:  USB Gamepad
    [  305.421210@0] input:  USB Gamepad           as /devices/lm0/usb2/2-1/2-1:1.0/input/input2
    [  305.433236@0] pantherlord 0003:0810:0001.0001: input,hidraw0: USB HID v1.10 Joystick [ USB Gamepad          ] on usb-lm0-1/input0
    [  305.433304@0] pantherlord 0003:0810:0001.0001: Force feedback for PantherLord/GreenAsia devices by Anssi Hannula <[email protected]>
  • Any idea on how to make this gamepad work on the all black mxq? It works fine on the pc (tested only on windows' built in app for checking the controllers) and it does show up inside kodi as you can see on the image below, but nothing happens when pressing the arrows/keys/joysticks. I have tried connecting it on all 4 usbs and changing its driver from linux to udev.

This is a common problem under LE 9.x, whatever platform you use.

Maybe try this:

ManuStrozor
    April 15, 2020 at 11:36 PM
  • Thanks a lot! I will create a file and test it tomorrow. I assume that my gamepad's name is "USB Gamepad" without the extra spaces of dmesg, right?

Well, as I see it, it's more like  USB Gamepad          .

Some manufacturers have a habit of padding it with spaces, and from what I can see, it is the same in your case. :)

• Forgive me if this has already been addressed, but I could not find anything via search.

I have this running on a S905 (LIBREELEC_ARCH="Generic_S905.arm") and I'm having trouble getting any docker containers to run. I get the error ```"no matching manifest for linux/arm/v8 in the manifest list entries"

From what I understand, which is likely incomplete or just incorrect, is that armv8 is supposed to be treated the same as arm64 by docker, and these images (eg Medusa) have arm64 builds.

Is there anything I can do or is this just the nature of these old boxes?

Edit:

For anyone looking here in the future (including me), use the format "image: linuxserver/{container}:arm64v8-latest" for containers (assuming they support that target) and they will pull/run correctly.

• Edit:

For anyone looking here in the future (including me), use the format "image: linuxserver/{container}:arm64v8-latest" for containers (assuming they support that target) and they will pull/run correctly.

Is this solved now? (Unfortunately, I can't help with things related to Docker.)

• Amlogic legacy images are using 64-bit (aarch64) kernels and 32-bit (arm) userspace for compatibility with 32-bit only libwidevine that's needed for Amazon, Netflix, etc. - and these days most containers are published only in x86_64 and arm64/aarch64 formats which aren't usable from 'arm' userspace. So you will need for find and pull 'arm' versions of the containers.

• jim_p Sorry to quote you from another topic, but what's wrong with the pvr.iptvsimple addon under Leia?

Ideally, I would rather install dtech's 9.2.x build on its emmc, since there is no real benefit of using the latest version of kodi or le just for iptv.

Just because, if curl's error also caused it, it has already been fixed in 9.2.8.12. However, if it was caused by something else, please provide a short description and/or a link where the error is written in more detail. Thanks.