Posts by AGLyons

How far off do you think v11 is?

I just tried today's nightly and I still can't things up and running right.

None of the default shares are present, at least Win can't access any of them for some reason. I even went down to SMBv1.

I managed to get a copy of my advancedsettings, mediasources, sources and passwords XML's over and it took them. I then defined the media folder contents and that's when things blew up. Reboots would freeze the Kodi splash screen for about 2 minutes before the UI would come up. None of my content showed up after that.

I then got smart and thought I would put my GPU back in and stuff the SATA SSD with my existing 10.02 in the case. But that wouldn't boot as I totally missed that 10.02 wouldn't support the 11th gen chipset. I get the suslinux line and that's it.

I don't think I'll be able to put this box in production till v11 is out or if someone has compiled Kodiv19 with a 5.18 Kernel.

I'd do this myself but I haven't the first idea of how to start.

So I have a couple of x86 boxes pulling data from the same Maria dB.

I built a small replacement 1u box as my main system but discovered LE10 doesn't support the Intel chipset/GPU.

I tried a v11 nightly and it did support the GPU but did not support HDMI audio out. I figured I would pull the Radeon GPU from the x86 box it is replacing and just run v10 for now.

The only way I could get the GPU in the 1u case is to put the OS on an nvme drive built into the MB. But v10 can't see that drive because v10 doesn't support that chipset yet (ASRock H510M-ITX/AC LGA 1200 Intel H510).

I'd really like to follow along with v11 dev and see how builds are coming along, get filled in on the roadmap.

I have come across a couple of old posts talking about Intel GPU support.

Since I could not get v10.02 to install, I was able to install v9.26. After installing v9.26, the boot process gets stuck stating "Failed to start xorg. is your GPU supported"

MB -ASRock H510M-ITX/AC

CPU - Intel i3-10105

RAM - 8GB

I can't figure out what's going on here.

Forgive my ignorance but how come we can install Raspi OS (Buster) on a Pi4b and install VNC server on it?

Headless Raspberry Pi 4 Remote Desktop VNC Setup (Mac + Windows, 13 Steps) – desertbot.io

Also, a step by step installing TightVNC on 64bit RASPI-OS

How to Install VNC on Raspberry Pi OS (64 bit)
    VNC doesn't come preloaded on the 64-bit OS, but you can install an alternative.
    www.tomshardware.com

How are these different than how it used to be done on Libreelec?

Interestingly, I was able to install tubed. But only from the add-ons section in settings. If I tried to install tubed from the prompt when trying to view a trailer, it always failed with a dependency error.

Installing from the settings > add-ons menu worked fine.

Every since libreelec 10 I am getting prompted to use tubed for trailers. I haven't been able to install it, keep getting an error.

The dependency on kodi.binary.global.main version 1.0.14 could not be satisfied.

Oddly enough not all items (movie or TV show) try to use tubed. Some use YT, some want to use Tubed. I wish I could figure a way to stop tubed from being triggered altogether.

Anyone have any ideas?

So my research has shown that it's not a libreelec or Kodi issue. Ritek, the makers of the keyboard updated their design and for some reason taking it out of sleep mode sends phantom keystrokes that tells Kodi to jump ahead. Major pain in the butt not sure why they did that.

So I updated to 9.2.4 x86 and ever since then the keyboard is behaving really weird.

I use an Rii ii28 keyboard and after a period of time it goes to sleep. If I either pause playback or try to skip back, the KB wakes up and Kodi either jumps way back 10+ min when I pause or if I skip back 10sec (one KB button press), it flies back to the start. Super annoying.

Has anyone else seen odd KB behavior after updating?

From experiencing the situation first hand. It would be awesome if when, or before, the kodi screen pops up we could press/hold F4 or something to go into console mode.

I have new hardware that the current versions were not supporting the NIC. As such I couldn't SSH into the system to install the drivers.

If there was a way to bring up a console locally that would allow us to do some under the hood work in these kinds of situations.

If there already is a way to do something like above please correct me.