Posts by AGLyons

SO I tried the manual install on my first x86 system which I do have SSH access. I figured install the drivers on that one, image the system and restore it on the new H2+.

Manual installation

In a console window:

...$ cd ~/Downloads
    ...$ wget master.zip -O realtek-8125-dkms.zip
    ...$ unzip realtek-r8125-dkms-master.zip
    ...$ cd realtek-r8125-dkms-master/
    ...$ sudo ./autorun.shIf you do not want to use wget use whatever command your prefer (i.e git clone).

After executing these commands, you should have the NIC available for configuration using the Network Manager or equivalent.

If you want to know what the autorun.sh does before executing it, just open it in your favorite text editor (vim, pluma, etc.)

You can also find the REALTEK_README.txt into the folder providing additional information.

I guess you have to have the hardware in the system in order for it to install the drivers. Ended up with an error on line 30 of the autorun.sh script.

Anyone else able to help get this working for the meantime? I've looked into compiling my own but that's about 100 levels up from what I am able to do with linux at the moment. I couldn't figure out how to get the latest kernel. I ran a docker container from an Ubuntu image in the DHub repository. Turned out is was Kernel 3.x. I'm out of my depths here.

So here's my position.

I first looked for a way to get a console from inside KODI. There was the System Tools addon from the LE Rep but I can't manually download the addon zip like you can the Kodi addons. So dead end there.

I then learned that editing the syslinux.cfg file and adding textmode would boot you into console. I copied the syslinux.cfg file to a USB drive and edited it on the laptop. I also downloaded the Realtek driver DEB file and copied both the edited syslinux file and the deb file to bring back to the H2+. Bang, another door slammed.I can't copy the syslinux.cfg file back to the flash folder. So that means I still can't get a console to install the driver files.

I tried the control, alt, F3 command. Didn't do anything.

So I'm sitting on about $350 of hardware I can't really do anything with.

A direct pull from Hardkernels wiki for the H2/H2+

The original H2 and H2 REV.B carried 2 x 1 GbE NIC whose driver is included in both Windows 10 and the recent Linux distributions. On the other hand the ODROID H2+ (a.k.a. REV.B+) is equipped with 2 x 2.5 GbE NIC based on the Realtek 8125B chipset. This chipset is rather recent and its support in Windows 10 stock is kind of intermediate and even non-existing on many recent Linux distributions.

For Linux, see discussion there: Re: Unrecognized RTL8125 in r8169 — Netdev

So as of this writing (June 2020) and in both cases, Windows 10 and Linux, you have to manually install the Realtek 8125B driver after you have installed the operating system. There is no doubt that the driver will end up in the upstream OSes at some point, but for now you have to install the driver yourself. It’s a rather simple affair anyway.

smp, duh It's been a while since I had to do this manually. Found the hidden files. Moved the img file over and it installed as expected.

BUT, still no network.

It's plugged in, the NIC is blinking but the system can't see it.

Just to point out in the event that there is a difference. The board has the Realtek RTL8125B version NIC. Is there a non 'B' version as well and that is the version that is prevalent?

@chewitt Any chance that this NIC could be added to the list of devices included in the next build? (pretty please)

A.

PS. Is there a reason the reply to thread window is gone? I can't add a reply.

Hey smp So I DL'd the first nightly (9.80) which took quite a while. Not sure why the DL was so slow.

I moved it over to the Update folder (which I had to create because it wasn't already there ??) rebooted the box and nothing happened. LE didn't go through an update process with the new image file.

Was this the wrong approach to get this image installed?

OK, H2+ arrived, got it all built, installed LE onto the NVME (boots stupid fast) but alas! No network.

So linux drivers are missing for the Realtek RTL8125B.

Anyone care to help a semi newb on getting these drivers installed? Obviously we can't SSH into the box. Is there a way to install them via usb drive?

Bought a BT controller off Amazon and it's been a struggle. LE BT sees the controller and says it's connected. But the controller itself isn't saying it's connected and none of the buttons respond to mapping. I should add that I do have it working plugged in USB.

In the sparse instructions it was intended for the N-SL console. Probably my fault as all I saw was Bluetooth and jumped on it.

Can anyone recommend a good BT gaming controller for use with LE?

Thx.

The new H2+ is out and I'm looking a picking one up as that would make all my systems running x86_64.

Looking on Hardkernels site was a warning.

ODROID-H2+ – ODROID

Please manually install Realtek RTL8125B driver to activate the Ethernet ports. Otherwise the Ethernet ports don’t work due to a missing device driver in Linux Kernel.

Does LE include this driver already or is this going to require a special build

Thx.

Hey Chewitt,

Thanks for your help. Man you respond to a lot of people on here!!

The next thing I've run into is artwork. Thumbs and fanart. How do I go about making sure it shows up on all the boxes?

I followed the MySQL instructions where it talked about the sharing artwork. The first add-on was incorporated into base kodi and I ran the script but that didn't fix anything. So far what I've done on the second system is set the content on the sources to NONE, cleared the DB and then set them back to movies and TV. Ran a scan and now the second box has all thumbs. I haven't had a chance to check system 1 to see if the thumbs there are messed up yet.

Is there not a way to store thumbs and fanart on the NAS with the video files and then in advancedsettings define an artwork location. I see you do that with Playlists, Keymaps, Sources, RSS Feeds, Favourites and Network share passwords

My apologies if this is more a Kodi question. Now that I think about it it really is more Kodi than LE.

Thanks again for your guys work!

Sorry if this is blatantly simple but I'm looking for instructions for the MariaDB add-on.

Specifically, what happens with video sources? Should video sources be left in place? On a second box do I have to make sure the sources are the same before setting the box to use the DB on the main box?

I've searched everywhere and I haven't found any step by step instructions on setting it up. I managed to get my the first system up and running but I'm not sure on the second one.

What about TAB and SBS 3D on the Pi4?

I have some of those that even when selecting 3D mode, it actually only plays a 2D version. It magically crops in to one of the images. I did notice though that the UI does output TAB UI display. Just not the video part.

Don't mean to push or be demanding. Just looking forward to v10 and the new things coming with it (IE, HDR and such).

Looking for something to look forward to during this time of craziness.