Posts by AGLyons

I assumed that either LE or Kodi would have the built-in ability to call a webhook and then be able to map a key to trigger external actions. If there is, I haven't been able to find it so far.

I did find a post on here that did exactly what I was planning on putting in place. But he went as far as creating a custom addon. Not sure about going there just yet so I thought I would ask around first.

I'm wondering if there is any built-in way or an addon already out there that I can put in my local webhook URLs, and then be able to map them to remote keys.

I hope so!

chewitt Hey there!

I posted this a while ago, and so far, no love ;(

I just looked into how to write an addon for Kodi that would add this button to the button row on the object information page. But that is way above my pay grade at the moment. I couldn't figure out which window in Kodi it needed to reference. Then what is that button row called? Is it even possible to add things to that? A lot of questions.

I then started looking at the Extras add-on and found that you could change the folder that it looks for. I edited the XML file for the settings and just took that value out. I haven't gotten to test it yet, but I suspect that it is going to fail.

Do you have any suggestions on how to solve this little problem? It's a pain in the derrière to have to back out and then find this entry in the files view each time.

I ran into an issue when I was getting all my heads on the same version (v11), and my library cleans just weren't working.

Out of a last option, I logged into PHPMyAdmin and low and behold, the account Kodi uses to access the DB had no access to the very DB that it needed access to! Perhaps it was my error when I originally set up MariaDB. Maybe I mistakenly didn't give that user account "Administration" permission which it would need. Looking back at it, it makes sense. When Kodi gets a full version update, it needs to create the new version of the DB and migrate the data over from the old DB version (aka MyVideos119).

I fixed that up, ran library updates and then a clean operation. Then I ran 'texturecache.py P' and then finally, 'texturecache.py C' (< on all systems accessing the same DB I should add). Seems to have cleared up the problems that I was having.

Yeah, it makes the account very powerful. But maybe just have this server for Kodi's use.

AGLyons, I had something similar happen on an older Onkyo receiver that did not support HDMI 2.0/HDCP 2.2 on all HDMI inputs. If I connect my Zotac mini PC to HDMI 1-3 I can get 3840x2160p 23.976Hz 36bit RGB with BT2020 colorspace (with the latest LibreELEC build from this thread). But If I connect to other inputs I can get 3840x2160p 23.976Hz 24bit RGB with BT2020 somehow.

Does your receiver support full HDMI 2.0 on both outputs, or on only one (the main one)? Try hooking up the projector to the main output to see if it makes any difference. The other reason you might have issues flipping the projector to HDR mode automatically is that the Inter driver defaults to RGB colorspace , and the projector might be expecting the very specific YUV 4:2:2 color space to recognize the signal as HDR.

Since you can force it to BT2020 colorspace manually, at least you get to have this functionality (with a bit of fiddling).

So it seems that not only could there be a Kodi/Librelec growing pains. It could also be my hardware. I checked my TX-NR787 reciever and according to the specs, all HDMI inputs are HDCP2.2 compliant.

Onkyo TX-NR787 Review and Specs
    Read our detailed analysis and evaluation of Onkyo TX-NR787, find out its strengths and weaknesses, and how it compares to its predecessor and successor.
    www.zkelectronics.com

BUT, I then came across a post explaning the differences between HDCPv2.2 and HDMIv2.0. There was blurb in that that referred to Onk's units;

On the flip side, new Onkyo receivers are listed with HDCP 2.2. What they aren't telling you is that the HDMI 2.0 implementation is limited to 10.2Gbps (just like HDMI 1.4). While this allows the Onkyo receiver to pass the HDCP 2.2 handshake, it will limit how much data can be passed, negating many of the benefits of HDMI 2.0.

Untangling HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2
    HDCP 2.2 must be on a HDMI 2.0 terminal but not all HDMI connections support the full HDMI 2.0 spec. Consumers need to purchase with care lest they buy a…
    www.audioholics.com

This to me is bullsh!t. Manufacturers shouldn't be allowed to pull this kind of stuff and still get certification with the licensing bodies. Either they stick to the spec or they don't get certified to show the logo.

Does anyone have a solution to access the media storage location when viewing the info of an item?

I'm using Radarr and Sonarr extended versions that automatically dl's extras like trailers etc. It puts it in the folder that the media is located in.

Out off the box, Kodi doesn't make it simple to access the sources list aside from backing all the way out of where you were. I have the extras add-on but that specifically looks for an "Extras" folder. Which in this case does not exist. There also no way to configure Sonarr\Radarr to store all the extras in an "Extras" folder.

It would be awesome if there was a fast way of going from the info page directly to the storage location.

Any suggestions?

PS I went to post this in the Kodi forums discovered that they were hacked and pulled the forums down until they figure out the what and how.

So I've figured some stuff out, mainly about my projector and reciever (TR-NX787) that's in between the projector and LE.

It appears that the Intel 730 is putting out an HDR signal. It's just not sending the right meta data from the file -the BT2020 colspace, across the HDMI to trip the projector into the correct mode. Kodi itself knows that the content is HDR as it identified it in the tags. Maybe LE isn't enabling that with the Intel drivers or, the Intel drivers are lacking that feaure under Linux.

Now, looking back on things, 3D content is the same way. I remember I had a RBPi years back and when I played 3D content on that, the Samsung TV would automatically flip into 3d mode by itself, whether it was TAB or SBS. That was awesome. The 5040 is acting the same way with 3D content as it is with HDR. Because it isn't seeing the right metadata, it doesn't flip the modes automatically.

As for what the right metadata is or how to get the Intel GPU to send it. That's well above my paygrade unfortunately.

I can force the projector into BT2020 colorspace manually in the settings -auto is the default. I also dropped Kodi's resolution down to 1080p30. With that I get 36bit color reported by my TR-NX787, and the projector shows 12bit in the color depth field. This could be some kind of limitation with the Intel GPU dropping chroma and bit depth down to achieve the higher 4K resolution.

So because the BT2020 mode on the projector is dependant on the meta data being sent, it won't go there automatically. I also can't save a memory preset with that colorspace set in the projector, which would have made it a bit easier to go back and forth. So I am forced to flip the mode manually whenever I want HDR content. That sucks but the HDR collection is small so far.

There is a big difference in experience I must say. I'll bet it's even better on a full (aka newer) HDR system as apposed to my 2016 projector. And eventually, LE and Kodi will build on it's HDR support. But one can hope for a sooner than later metadata fix ;)

Thanks for the help everyone!

Hey chewitt

New CPU installed and Kodi reports HDR10 support.

But now I'm looking at my 5040 projector. It's pretty specific what signals will trip it into HDR mode.

4k 10bit 24hz 4:2:2

The projector is reporting it's receiving an 8bit signal and BT.709 color space. I can't say what the chroma is.

Is there a way to tweak the Kodi output with the Intel GPU to hit these specs?

Hey all, I've been searching around everywhere online and haven't found anything concrete. Just curious if there is a list of what HDR standards LEv11 supports?

I am running an x86 intel on an ASRock H510M-ITX/ac. I bought the wrong CPU originally (i3-10105), but I am replacing that with one that supports the UHD730 via HDMI 2.0 (i5-11400).

As a test, I have a 4K HDR10+ MkV. Wondering if I need to keep an eye on my formats.

Since the much-anticipated release of LEv11, I've finally got all my systems running on the same versions again.! Yaay. Thanks to all for your hard work in bringing this together.

But, In getting all the heads in sync, I noticed I was running into some errors in the logs.

One that popped up was the Textures13.db file had a read-only file permission set. I corrected that, but I was wondering if there could be other things going on where file permissions are out of whack from where they should be.

I searched online a bit but didn't find anything regarding the LE filesystem specifically, mostly all shared media directories.

Is there any script or tool that could go through the LE system (either on demand or voluntary at startup) that could check the systems file permissions and correct them to what they should be?

I'm currently running an x64 v11 nightly but I've come across this since, forever.

If my LE system crashes or needs a reboot and the home theatre receiver is not turned on, the LE system does not know what resolution to set the output. Since it does not know what resolution to set, it sets no resolution. Many times have I come to fire everything up and I am presented with a blue screen as there is no signal coming into the Onkyo receiver. It forces me to SSH in and re-boot the system when the receiver is turned on so that the display comes back up again.

I'm hoping there might be a way that I can force the system to output a specific resolution within the LE config somewhere. I've already whitelisted resolutions in Kodi but I suspect the problem starts before Kodi gets started up.

Hmmmmm Problems

I managed to get the script in and I can run it. But it keeps saying there are now new nightly builds

Code
    LEv11:~ # ./get_nightly.sh
    Connecting to test.libreelec.tv (5.9.116.10:443)
    saving to 'releases.json'
    releases.json        100% |*********************************************************************************|     2  0:00:00 ETA
    'releases.json' saved

No new nightly

LEv11:~ #

It's clear I am running an older nightly 05-02-2022.

Code
    Using username "root".
    ##############################################
    # LibreELEC #
    # https://libreelec.tv #
    ##############################################

LibreELEC (community): nightly-20220502-907d2d6 (Generic.x86_64)

The latest I can see in the list is LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-11.0-nightly-20220723.

Any ideas?

EDIT - releases.json is blank. That's why there are no new releases.

https://test.libreelec.tv/releases.json

chewitt - Do you know of any reason why the releases.json is not getting updated? Has that file been abandoned or could there be a bug somewhere?

Hey Joeaverage!

So I made the script (thanks!). Saved it to the storage folder and chmod the file.

I tried calling it and putty just returned "can't find the file". I tried moving that to the user folder (one level up) and couldn't do that as the file system is read-only.

I moved the sh file to the downloads folder and tried to run it there. Again, can't find file.

I'm not sure how to execute this.

Also, is it normal that stopping Kodi also kills all samba shares?

Once it's stopped I can't get to any files with my Win10 laptop.

ok, round 3. This time it's the MB and nvme drive by itself. No AMD GPU.

Installed todays nightly. First thing I came across is selecting option 1 at the install screen returns "Failed, no such file or directory"

Install did complete and this time instead of adding my advancedsettings.xml, I manually added source folders. I'll have to wait till general release of v11 to use the external DB.

All the files scraped properly and playback is working, both audio and video.

Now, I wish there was a simple way to copy the skin settings so I don't have to rebuild the UI each time I install a new box. I use Aeon Nox:Silvo. Is there a simple approach you use?

A.