S905W support

• Have LibreElec working perfectly here on the M8S pro W... Still left scratching my head slightly as I found myself having to use an s905x dtb for it to work, even though I created a dtb.img specific to the box.

• @estimadarocha Yep.. I know... It does not make any sense as to why it would work, but it does.. I tried it just as a laugh after the dtb I created from the M8S Pro W gave no joy, but it's working 100% here wifi and all.

Not sure if will work for all s905w boxes as I noticed one other, over on the s905/x thread, mention that wifi was not working on the brand of box he had.

** the thread was actually the for Tanix TX3 Mini with Amlogic S905W

Edited once, last by KEgg (October 18, 2017 at 1:32 PM).

• First of all hello to everyone and sorry for my English.

Following the purchase of an X96mini with s905w and its malfunction with Kodi (blocked at 1280 * 720), and discovered this exciting world of Libreelec, unfortunately I did not discover it before to avoid falling into this chip that has no support at the moment for the community, Kszaq, you are incredible, without forgetting the rest.

For the moment, at least, I managed to boot with LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.2-8.2.0.1.img.gz and gxl_p212_2g.dtb.

Everything seems to be correct, wifi included (the command does not yet configure it) but with my client pvr a few minutes after running the screen becomes discolored, the colors go out of place, I have tried with all the screen configurations that Libreelec let.

Now I'm lost and I do not know what else to try, the boot was on sd, I could not with usb and at the moment I do not want to install internally until I solve the video problem.

Thank you all for your support and work.

• Discoloration may be a result of your tv set and the box disagreeing on the hdmi colorspace. It is a known problem with certain Philips and Sony tvs. See the discussion here: s905 - hdmi handshake /color space problem with older TVs

You could try one of the releases of Libreelec 8.0: Index of /s905/8.0 (please note that you need to create a new sdcard and pick a corresponding device tree file from that directory!) and check if the discoloration is gone. But I cannot say if the older kernel used in that release already runs on S905W.

• Thanks mmpp, my tv is a curved Samsung of last generation, I do not know if it is the same problem because in this post hablal of green or pink screens, my problem is an exit of place of color in the form of scratches. I will try with this version although I think it will not work because the explanation to which the compilation used works next to the device trees is for its equality to the s905x. Do you think the solution is to build a RGB color space?

• "Scratches", blocks, flashes or other distortions in the image are an indicator of a bad hdmi link. The RGB error has a clear picture, but in the wrong colors.

In your case, it could be a bad cable or the hdmi socket inside the box is not soldered properly. Try using a different, high quality hdmi cable. If the problem persists, check if gently pushing or jiggling the cable in the box hdmi socket helps with the picture.

• mmpp , if I understand you correctly in the thread you linked above, it is no longer possible to force RGB output, am I correct? I ran into this problem as well and it is definitely not a problem of the cable (works with a different box).

So. also here, any hint would be appreciated.

Cheers,

chessplayer