New to compiling

• Hi, I'm rather new to compiling from source but it seems very interesting in terms of the customizations possible. I was able to download the packages from github and make a small mod, compile and have successful working update files. But I had very precise instructions about the mod to be performed.

So I looked around but could not get answers to some specific questions that I have in my mind:

1. How do I compile LE so that it installs an addon? Where do I place the addon? Any other files to modify?

2. How do I preset some files and settings, for eg. I want guisettings.xml to be custom and also lets say I want to set HDMI video output and HDMI audio output and not any other.

3. How do I try and install drivers, lets say for an unsupported wifi chip? And maybe remove for those I do not care about?

Appreciate any help!

• 1. How do I compile LE so that it installs an addon? Where do I place the addon? Any other files to modify?

2. How do I preset some files and settings, for eg. I want guisettings.xml to be custom and also lets say I want to set HDMI video output and HDMI audio output and not any other.

3. How do I try and install drivers, lets say for an unsupported wifi chip? And maybe remove for those I do not care about?

Appreciate any help!

1) It is little tricky but not impossible. Addon needs to be build and then copied to image. Also addon manifest must be updated to enable addon by default. Hard to explain to someone who doesn't understand buildsystem.

2) You could put file as projects/Generic/filesystem/usr/share/kodi/config/guisettings.xml (Generic or some other project name).

3) Create new package like others in LibreELEC.tv/packages/linux-drivers at master · LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub. Then put project name in ADDITIONAL_DRIVERS variable in file projects/Generic/options.

• There is prior art in the build-system but pre-installing add-ons is something open to abuse so we don't tend to point things out without a clear(er) understanding of what you're trying to do. Be specific about the code parts you're looking to use.