Boot error after installation

• Hi,

I just downloaded the latest LibreELEC 8.1.1 version to install on my NUC6i3

I have created the installation media on o usb flash drive using LibreELEC USD-SD creator. Using this usb flash i can run LibreELEC live from the installation media but if i want to install it on a second USB flash drive or SD card I'm getting the following error message when booting

Error in prepare_sysroot: final_check: Could not find systemd!

Starting debugging shell... type exit to quit

sh: can't access tty: job control turned off

The installation process completes without any errors and this error is after rebooting using target USB or SD card installation.

I have tried a number of usb flash drives and a second SD card but i'm getting the same error.

Teo

• USB flash drive was created on a Mac and safely removed. This USB flash drive works perfectly fine when booting in LIVE mode. The problem is when i try to install it on another device ( a separate USB drive) i get the error when booting on that media.

LIVE mode is good to try it out, but any settings made will be lost upon next reboot.

• Do you have another instance of LE installed on your Nuc in another location?Maybe on internal storage?I got that error on my Rpi when i changed cmdline to boot from Label=storage and I had 2 folders with the name storage so system got confused which storage to boot to...Not sure if this apply to Nuc just trying to help out...

• Actually i do. I have OpenELEC installed on my primary ssd so i am selecting to boot from the usb at boot time. I just wanted to try LE before making the switch.

Can you explain how exactly you changed to boot from Label=storage?

Thank you.

• Openelec uses same system/storage partitions...I will try this....when you are in libreelec Live mode go to file manager in kodi and look for your openelec installation and rename it...In rpi I installed mini tool partition wizard on a windows PC and made a partition ext4 on hdd I boot to named hddstorage instead of storage as I had another storage elsewhere on the sd card then edit the cmdline...which is on the usb LE installation for Rpi....

so now my cmdline.txt looks like this" boot=/dev/mmcblk0p1 disk=LABEL=STORAGEHDD quiet"

I would try disconnecting ssd and try again..

Again I don't know for sure if you have the cmdline.txt in the nuc LE version..

Edited once, last by Mario77 (September 11, 2017 at 7:23 AM).

• On normal (not RPi) installs it will be extlinux.conf or syslinux.conf (I forget which) not cmdline.txt and the active file is either in /flash or /flash/EFI depending on whether the device is/is-not EFI booting.