LE 8.1.1 - Samba mess

• Hi,

Recently I went from 8.0.2 to 8.1.1 on a NUC D34010WYB.

Everything seemed to work fine until I needed to access (using W10 x64 Pro laptop, up to date) to LE/NUC shared smb folders to read some log file.

There was no way I could access the drive from my laptop despite everything was setup correctly into LE (smb service activated, no password, min SMB1, max SMB3) :

LE's smb share did never show up under "WORKGROUP" in Windows explorer network discovery,

Typing \\NucIP or \\NucHostname triggered a W10 dialog popup asking for login and passwd (despite none setup in LE)

Strangely, my NAS shared drive also disapeared from WORGROUP discovery, although I was still able to access it only by typing \\NAShostname. Typing \\NasIP triggered same W10 credential popup.

I fiddled around a few hours believing there was an issue with a recent W10 update, no success. SSHed into the NUC to tweak the samba.conf but couldn't overide the SSH read-only access (vi or nano).

Finally tried roll back to 8.0.2 and everything went back to normal (all LAN's share drives showing up into W10 explorer, no request for credential, full access to LE's smb drive.)

I then had a look to 8.1.1 release comments and saw the red samba warning... so yes, on my LAN, LE8.1.1 created a big samba mess.

Additionnal notes:

There was no issue to access/read usual NAS source folders from LE

Audio output device showed multiple times the same HDMI output, while connected DAC or Pulse audio showed once as usual (SPDF + analog for the DAC)

• thanks

deleted old samba.conf,

updated to LE 8.1.1,

created new samba.conf based on new sample,

set local master browser to no.

Almost everything is fine except one thing : when searching for available smb source on LAN, Kodi can't find any share

(despite no issue with the NAS share that was already setup as source)