Is z8350-CPU based PC enough?

• Just like the subject says is z8350-CPU based PC enough to run LE 8.xx?

How are the CPU compared to for example RPi3?

Asking because I got possibility to buy 2pcs of brand new z8350 based mini PC's complete with 4GB RAM and 64GB eMMC for 50EUR/piece but I don't know if these are poweful enough for LE.

• Hard to be certain without the details, but the Z8350 has Intel HD400 graphics, and that's perfectly OK. I use a Celeron N3060 based mini PC which has the same. Also the CPU is more than enough. My other LibreELEC box is running an old Atom D525 (Asus AT5IONT-I motherboard) and that is quite a bit less powerful than the CPU you're looking at, and that's absolutely fine for full HD. With the Z8350 I think you should have reasonable compatibility with 4k material as well. HD400 graphics can support 4K/24p.

• I would stay away from them cheap atom boxes. These are the so called "cherry trail" intel cpu's, and have given me a fair amount of headache. These are often shipped with 32bit uefi firmware. So altough the cpu has nice specs and has native 64bit support, because of the 32bit uefi, you will never likely to be able to boot 64bit LE , or other software. There are various attempts made, but nothing really ever was there to stay. I got rid of all 32bit uefi hardware; in the end wasnt worth the misery. These boxes normally run 32bit windows (10).

• I would stay away from them cheap atom boxes. These are the so called "cherry trail" intel cpu's, and have given me a fair amount of headache. These are often shipped with 32bit uefi firmware. So altough the cpu has nice specs and has native 64bit support, because of the 32bit uefi, you will never likely to be able to boot 64bit LE , or other software. There are various attempts made, but nothing really ever was there to stay. I got rid of all 32bit uefi hardware; in the end wasnt worth the misery. These boxes normally run 32bit windows (10).

Well, in this case I'm a bit surprised myself...

This box (this one called "Bben Mn11") is running LibreElec 8.11 (LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.1.1) just great!

Installed without any bigger hassle to internal (eMMC) drive.

Menus and playback are smooth as they should be (and very close to the 2 Apollo Lake "NUC's" in house) and it does it's job with flying colours.

It's connected to a 50" full HD Samsung and so far absolutely nothing to complain, especially as I only paid approx 55EUR for it.

(List price at AliExpress approx 100EUR)

So from my point absolutely nothing to complain about!

• I have two, the Wintel CX-W8 Pro and the Tronsmart Ara X5 Plus. Both work great with LibreELEC, but only the Tronsmart has working wifi/bluetooth due to it being an onboard Intel chip. The Intel Compute stick has cherry trail as well, and I've seen reports that wifi/bluetooth work on them too.

• 32bit efi / uefi support for LE

seems your device has 64bit efi ? I can confirm the pipo x7 isnt working. Neither is the spo-comm nano. For tablet pc's, the toshiba 7"cherry trail and onda v80 both have 32bit efi. I also encounterd cherry trail laptops with 32bit efi, even from well known brands. Cheap "netbooks" with 2gb ram and 32bit win10. Intel compute stick also has this limitation.

• TBH I didn't even think about that... 8)

I just inserted the LE USB and selected install.

Installation went without any issues and after removing the USB everything (as far as I've seen at least) is working fine.

The box has been restarted numerous times after install.