Video freezing

• Hey all. Don't know if anyone can shed some light on my problem.

I used to run OE6.0.3 and it worked a treat. Was rock solid and never had a problem. I decided to update to the latest OE and found that tvheadend wasn't available so came here to LE.

I love the development going on here. There are so many new features I love but I can't run any of these versions. Anything I have tried since OE6.0.3 gives me random video freezing. I've tried the latest stable LE 8.0.2 and the older stable v7 with the same results. The video will freeze on a frame and the audio will continue as normal. The video frame will change every 10 or so seconds. Sometimes it will happen soon after starting, other times it will run for hours before happening. I can SSH in and use "systemctl restart kodi" and it will restart and run fine again.

Here is a link to a post with a log I had posted early on when I was new here. System lockups.

As a test, I recently reinstalled OE6.0.3 and it works flawlessly like before so it must be something that has changed since that build causing that problem. My guess is video driver version. Could it possibly be something in the newer versions of Kodi?

My video card is an nVidia Strix GTX 750 Ti. Do you think a new video card may solve the issues?

Thank you for your input.

• Thanks for the advice.

I searched for info regarding this and found a comment from Chewitt with the following content.

wget 96-nvidia.rules -O /storage/.config/udev.rules.d/96-nvidia.rules

Do I just run this command via SSH and that is it?

• Klojum

You are a legend!

Have had it running for at least 5 hours each day for the last couple of days with no freezing. Finally have a solution.

Thank you so much for the help. Will keep the family off my back now.

• Cheers. Thanks for that.

I ran memtest as suggested. Ran for 12 hours overnight with no error so I guess my ram is ok.

Is there a stress test that can be run from live cd/usb?

It's pretty stable at the moment. Freezing is very rare with the older driver (340?)

Will see if I can catch it in a debug log if it happens again.

Thanks for the help.