Does LibreELEC or JeOS support the HISilicon chip?

• I'm not aware of anyone working on LE support for HiSilicon SoC's or anyone in our extended developer team or surrounding ecosystem having any contact with HiSilicon staff. Changes coming in Kodi v18 will make adding support considerably easier for any SoC vendor with a well maintained and current mainline kernel and V4L2 drivers; but that description mostly excludes far-east manufacturers with a "hack it to boot Android" mentality. So who knows..

• Greetings,

My aim at opening this issue is that the HiSilicon company has made it impossible for the Amlogic Company to do it or not.

For example: Spybox S11-CI 4K Turbo - Novacom Technology this device has a CI (Common Interface or CAM) Slot, which you can use ELEC (more correctly) If you give me support I want to get it. But I write again, with ELEC.

I am the technical officer of the WeTek Turkey Distributorship, we have put a lot of pressure on WeTek for the CAM or CI Slot, but they have informed us that they have put a lot of pressure on Amlogic but have not received any results.

In the meantime (sorry if I'm insulted already) OE is dead in my opinion.

Best regards...

• MAINTAINERS lists a few @hisilicon.com names and the repo here: GitHub - hisilicon/linux-hisi appears to have a fairly recent kernel .. although it's not possible to look at that and easily see what state things are in. It still doesn't change the fact that we have nobody on team in contact with them or a willing volunteer - which means nothing will change in the near future.

NB: On the topic of dead things .. wetek türkiye | wetek depo türkiye could use an update (or better, replace with a blank index.html file)

• Greetings,

Thank you very much for your interest in my dear friend.

What to do, there is nothing to do.

I will also fix the link on the web page, thank you very much for the warning.
    Our depot link is this: index.php

Best regards...

• Would be nice to contact with some hisilicon devs or more important person in this company . Maybe after this everything move forward. There is also very interesting 4k box u5pvr also based on hisilicon chip and unofficial android tv rom with tvheadend support

• The question is how many users you expect to have a box with hisilicon soc? Probably not much because amlogic is light years in front. Meaning spending time on it is a waste.

Also I think libhybris is a must in this case.

I played a little with hi3796mv100 in 2015 and got oe running on it. No kodi or any graphic of course (this is out of my knowledge).

• Amlogic is ok but good competition is indicated on this playground :) What about new broadcom arm chips used in dreambox 900uhd or new vu+ boxes ? Maybe this is better solution for libreelec?

• Greetings,

Dear friend, the images are all original and up-to-date, so I am putting them in storage so that they are just for Turkish users.
    I can get it forbidden.

Best regards...

• If there are no modifications to the images we would prefer that users visit the LE website and click our links to get our software. If you have decent bandwidth and hosting infrastructure for your server and would like to provide an official mirror server to improve the download experience for Turkish LE users; we publish our mirror master on rsync://http://releases.libreelec.tv/releases. PM me with technical details and if the spec is good we can add your mirror to our pool. I can geo-lock to Turkey only if required, although regional download use for the region is quite low so it's probably not worth the effort.

• Hi all,

I initially created the OpenELEC port to Hisilicon Hi398CV100 in github in the beginning of 2016.

Unfortunately I was very busy since then and I also saw that the successor Hi3798CV200 is more often used in newer boxes. I never bought such a new box but it was always my goal to make a similar port of OE to the new processor.

It seems that LE has now got more attraction. Maybe I will try to build it first for my old CV100 box.