HEVC h.265 10bit

• These type of files play on the puter, but not on the RP2 LibreElec 8.1, or Android LibreElec 8.1.5, I was under the impression these files worked with the versions of libreElec mentioned...I don't get any errors just audio and no video, disabling the amlogic under hardware will play video but its so choppy its not even watchable, anything else I can try...here a screen shot working on the puter to show the movie specs...

• 10bit HEVC video requires a dedicated video card to properly display those videos. An RPi 2/3 can do 'simple' 8 bit HEVC videos, but the 2009 smartphone GPU that it has, is obviously no match for today's 10bit high-bitrate HEVC videos.

You simply need better video hardware for that. Don't expect PC performance from a $35 kids toy with a 2009 GPU inside.

• 10bit HEVC video requires a dedicated video card to properly display those videos. An RPi 2/3 can do 'simple' 8 bit HEVC videos, but the 2009 smartphone GPU that it has, is obviously no match for today's 10bit high-bitrate HEVC videos.

You simply need better video hardware for that. Don't expect PC performance from a $35 kids toy with a 2009 GPU inside.

Well, on RPi3 with latest Milhouse builds 10bit HEVC works OK, even 1080p if not coded with to high bitrate. To play such video content on Pi3, a good power supply and a CPU cooler is needed.

• I have run 'average' 1080p hevc videos on an overclocked RPi-2 and there are plenty of moments where the RPi 2 simply couldn't keep up.

From what I know, the RPi2 and 3 do not differ that much in HEVC performance, but perhaps that difference has changed by now.

The Wetek HUB and GT1030 I have perform much better for obvious reasons.

• Amlogic devices with an S905 chipset like the NEO U1 should have great 8-bit/10-bit HEVC playback. If something is failing to play there is either a conflict with Kodi configuration or something bad/broken/non-standard with the media file. First action would be to share a Kodi debug logfile and an explanation of what LE community image you are using (because there is nothing official for Minix boxes). Second action would be sharing 2-3 mins of the media file so we can experiment with other S905 devices and see what happens.

RPi2 might cope with lower-bitrate 8-bit 720p HEVC files, but I doubt 10-bit 1080p will play even if low-bitrate. Everything has limits.

• Ok on the minix neou1 im using :

Kszaq 8.1.5 image

s905 device tree

gxbb p 200 minix neo u1.dtb

So its kodi 17.3 with input stream adaptive and rtmp enabled

If you can blow the pic up in post 1 it will show what the video in encoded with, like I said it plays audio no video, no errors, if I turn off amlogic hardware acc, the video will play but its so choppy its not even watchable, tried to sync display to match on and off etc.. and after work I will post the streaming link for that..thanks for the feeback guys...the stream links play perfect on my puter with a dedicated nvidia card..

• I have run 'average' 1080p hevc videos on an overclocked RPi-2 and there are plenty of moments where the RPi 2 simply couldn't keep up.

From what I know, the RPi2 and 3 do not differ that much in HEVC performance, but perhaps that difference has changed by now.

The Wetek HUB and GT1030 I have perform much better for obvious reasons.

I am refering only to RPi3 which I have, and with it on latest Milhouse builds have no problems playing 10bit HEVC with 5.1 audio.

RPi2 still cannot do that...