[LE8.0.2] Network performance

• First time poster so apologies if posting to the wrong thread.

I have latest public LE (8.0.2) running on my Odroid-C2.

Yesterday I notices that the transfer speeds from KODI (playing back a video from the NAS over CIFS) range at about 10-12Mbps which is fairly sufficient for the most content i have with exception of some videos with higher bit rate. As I am running my NAS in an "off-site" location and connect to it over VPN I did not pay much attention at first.

Yesterday I performed some proper measures and the results are more than curious.

The testing setup is as follows:

Odroid-C2 with this image installed

LE 8.02 running from an 16GB eMMC

C2 connected directly to a router/firewall via ethernet (1000Mbps full duplex)

adnacedsettings.xml set to most aggressive settings possible

The network utilization is measured on the router port.

Scenario 1: Play back a movie from the video library stored on the NAS (CIFS)

Speed peaking at 12.1Mbps

Scenario 2: copy a file from the NAS to /storage/.kodi/temp/

Speed peeking at 35Mbps (the maximum speed ov the VPN tunnel; see above)

Scenario 3: iperf3 test against the NAS (Win2016)

Speed peeking at 25/35Mbps (exactly as per the specifications of my ISP resulting at 100% utilization of the line)

Scenario 4: iperf3 test against a Linux machine on the same (wired, gigabit) network

Speed peeking at 780Mbps, which is a result I am comfortable as the opposing Linux test machine has some performance issues.

Scenario 5: copy a file from the NAS to /dev/null/

Speed similar to Scenario2

After those tests I am confident I can conclude KODI as an app is the bottleneck and my question is is there I as an user can do to make it use as much of the bandwidth as possible?

Any ideas of further testing and tinkering are more than welcome

• Just an FYI your pvr settings do nothing Kodi v17 (Krypton) FAQ - Official Kodi Wiki Why is your memorysize 0? This writes everything to your internal storage instead of RAM which can cause problems HOW-TO:Modify the video cache - Official Kodi Wiki

Could you be so kind and point me into the right direction of obtaining an Odroid-C2 8.2 build?

[8.1.2] LibreELEC 8.2 for S905/S905X

Edited once, last by dazed (August 1, 2017 at 1:10 PM).

• Just an FYI your pvr settings do nothing Kodi v17 (Krypton) FAQ - Official Kodi Wiki Why is your memorysize 0? This writes everything to your internal storage instead of RAM which can cause problems HOW-TO:Modify the video cache - Official Kodi Wiki

memorysize 0 is an artifact of times when the VPN was not stable enough and I preferred to have the mos of the movie loaded. right now have it set to load to memory and will test asap.

as per pvr i actually forgot they are there. just deleted them few minutes ago.