[HOWTO] Boot from SD card, use internal memory for data

• Is is possible to make libreelec android use the same data as libreelec on your SD card? To make it so that both use the same data?

Not really, no, because you'll have different addons present, different file-paths etc. You could share specific files / folders between operating systems but even that's likely to throw up errors if you haven't considered paths.

It would be easy enough to try though. Just copy the contents of storage/.kodi into your android kodi data folder (saving the original android files) and try. If that works fine then great - you can start making sym links.

• Ok this is nice hehe, this increases the speed but I warn you: NEVER do a hard reset from LibreElec settings as I did... it will erase ALL folders within /data and therefore, all settings and applications of Android xD

It's normal, /data is mounted in /storage and LE doesn't expect there to be non-Kodi files there. It would be nice if there was a way to mount /storage in a subfolder of /data, but I think it would be a little complicated.

• Funny problem. I wanted to reverse, yet again (because i have 2 boxes), but now the partition labeling is both STORAGE and LIBREELEC_DISK. I don't want to break anything but now I don't know what to do.

• The guide doesnt work for me and my newly arrived MeCool M8S Pro L with 3GB Ram. My path is /dev/block/mmcblk1p2, but i get errors. It seems to me (but i dont know) that i dont have permission to rename that drive, but perhaps someone can help me. :)

You are running android - You have to install/run LE

• Tim_Taylor

Are you sure this is a snippet from an Android CLI?

Guys,

why don't you just move some of the LE Kodi "storage low-latency demanding" folders from SD/TF to eMMc partition(s)?

Like temp, userdata(/addon_data), addons, for example... ?

• You are running android - You have to install/run LE

oh, that could be it. Thank you! :)

I didnt really thought about that, because in Android i could install a ssh app, to get access. Stupid mistake from me, but perhaps someone else has/will have the same error some time. The port is 2222 because i changed it, just to be sure. (i have read, that could be a possible cause of error).

Thank you very much for your help. That would have been the last thing i would have looked for, to be honest.

• What need i to do, when i upgrade to Leia, when it is final or when i want to try the alpha? Just reverse the process and then upgrade? The "LIBREELEC_DISK:" is called "storage" then, am i right? Should i just reverse this steps and then use storage instead of "LIBREELEC_DISK:"? :)

• Hello friends I am having a problem with my device TV Box Akaso KIII and Libreelec, can you help me?. The problem is ... I had on an memory USB of 8 Gb working Libreelec 8.2.1.2 of kszaq without problems and where I was running Libreelec without problems on my device. I've been updating with the last release of kszaq and everything running without problems, but I decided update my usb and i buy a new usb memory of 32gb and 3.0. I have done all the steps so that libreelec will boot on the new usb memory as I did the previous time, but when I enter the new memory in my tv box I now get this error and I do not know what that can be. Will it have something to do with what remains in the device of the version used with the other usb? I ask it from my ignorance.

Code
    *** Error in mount_flash: mount_common: Could not mount LABEL=LIBREELEC ***

### Starting debugging shell... type exit to quit ###

sh: can´t access tty; job control turned off

I hope you can help me or at least guide me about what may be happening. Thanks in advance and regards.