[8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.2 for S905/S905X

• edit4ever, I knew you're an expert in LiveTV on Kodi and stationed in North America. Maybe it's a little off-topic. I own a Kworld ub435-Q but it's V2 which needs Linux 3.16 to support it (whereas V1 needs only 3.14). Therefore I used it now with RPi2 with LibreELEC, which is based on Linux 4.9 or even newer. I bet it's very difficult to find ub435-q v1 now. Is ub435-q v2 also supported by LibreELEC on S905 devices?

media_build drivers mean that most of tuners that are supported in 4.13 kernel are also working with my builds.

• Is here someone with a "Mini M8S II" (S905X, 2G/8G, 100M) who can confirm if this device can be used or not with kszaq's builds?

I need a cheap replacement for my MXQ S805 which recently died :(

• Hi there

I have a question: suppose that I have one of those box without the reset hole (apparently more common than the ones having it!). And suppose I install in internal NAND and I semibrick it. How can I boot from SD to recover?

• Not possible. My builds do not touch any vital part of device firmware. I had a lot of mistakes with many boxes over the years but never bricked any of them.

After flashing the last build for the first time to internal memory my Beelink MX didn't react anymore. Had to burn the image to SD card using Rufus. After that I could install it to internal again with the command.

Did you change something in that part of the firmware in comparison to the other builds?

• I get "no signal" only after stopping but I thing the reason is the same. I will try to prepare a test build today evening.

Ah so actually the black screen after stopping in 3D is not a crash! It makes sense because I can power off the box with remote :) I will try to test the testbuild on my 3D setup as soon as I can (hopefully tomorrow)

• Did you change something in that part of the firmware in comparison to the other builds?

No changes compared to 8.0.x builds.

And amiko a4 dvb-s2 on what or your version of libreelec will the dvb-s2 tuner work?

On amiko a4 demodulator m88dm6000 and tuner m88ts2022.

Not supported.

• Ah so actually the black screen after stopping in 3D is not a crash! It makes sense because I can power off the box with remote :) I will try to test the testbuild on my 3D setup as soon as I can (hopefully tomorrow)

Hi

With the test build the no signal after stopping a 3D movie seems solved, tested on a real 3D setup.

My 3D projector is correctly turned in 3D mode and back to 2D mode, and 2D movies play just fine after stopping the 3D one.

There is only one thing: after stopping the 3D movie I get one notification (top right of the screen together with the notification bell), but it is too fast to read it. However the system seems ok, not sure if it could be some CEC disconnect or so...

--edit--

Yes it seems that CEC gets disconnected after stopping a 3D playback

--edit2--

Tried on A Samsung 3D TV and CEC is working before and after stopping 3D movie. I will do more test as soon as possible

Edited 2 times, last by Menion (August 17, 2017 at 6:45 AM).

• After flashing the last build for the first time to internal memory my Beelink MX didn't react anymore.

Had to burn the image to SD card using Rufus. After that I could install it to internal again with the command.

I thought (for the first time to internal) the recommended method was to install to SD and then use the Installtointernal command from there. /shrug

Edited once, last by Poida (August 17, 2017 at 2:40 AM).

• When i´m doing an update of Kodi the TV has no image (Black) and then go directly to Kodi with successfully update.

I cant see update process.

Any suggestions whats going on?

Same happens with one A95X on a non FULLHD TV, I think some problem with the screen format set by uboot

• I've only just started using kszaq LE 8.2 images on a MECOOL M8S Pro Plus and am finding the exact same issue with a black screen during reboot and LE updating.

The old hardcoded 1080p60hz platform_init I believe would be much more reliable than having to rely on u-boot to display the LE Splash screen.

Any chance of a test .tar kszaq with that revert ?