Posts by tecfreak

No Problem on my M8S Mini II (S905X)

Display Spoiler

Hello,

today I've installed the 8.1.6 build on my new Mini M8S II to nand.

Everything seems to work fine, except the samba shares.

I am not able to access any samba share on my network.

If I want to add a share as a new source I don't see anything in the samba network browser.

When I type in the path manually, I can see all the shares but if I try to access one of them, I get the message "File exists" and nothing else happens.

I already changed the workgroup name to match that one I use on my local network and even provided a wins server because one of my machines acts as one. This all have been done through kodi's gui settings. But if I look at /etc/samba/smb.conf nothing has changed and even if I change /storage/.config/samba.conf.sample to my needs and rename it to samba.conf, the /etc/samba/smb.conf remains at default settings after reboot.

Is this just me, or is someone else experiencing this kind of problems?

Hello,

I have problems getting vdr-dvbapi and oscam to run on a Wetek Play2 which I bought for a friend.

In the vdr-backend-addon settings, I have set the dvbapi-plugin settings to ip/host=127.0.0.1 and port=8002. I think these are both default values and both are set properly in vdr's setup.conf.
    In the oscam webint I configured the dvbapi module as follows:

Code
    [dvbapi]
    enabled                       = 1
    pmt_mode                      = 4
    listen_port                   = 8002
    delayer                       = 75
    user                          = vdr
    boxtype                       = pc

Now, if I start the vdr-backend at first and oscam as second, I get the following error message in the oscam log:

Code
    (dvbapi) ERROR: Could not init socket: (errno=98: Address already in use)

If I start both in reverse order, oscam doesn't show this error message, but vdr sems to crash repeatedly.

Someone an idea what is going wrong here?
    I have almost the same setup/config on a x86 machine and it runs without any problems.

ty