LibreELEC on Odroid-XU4

• Given that the Odroid-XU4 is completely software compatible with the Odroid-XU3 (according to Hardkernel), and given that I've seen versions of LibreELEC available for the C2, I'm wondering if a version of LibreELEC is going to be made for the XU4 / XU3? I've not had much luck finding anything, official or otherwise for it either in the forums or on the web in general.

Ideas? Solutions?

• I am currently working on a LE9 / Lakka "remix" version for the XU3/XU4. I have a working image with RetroArch and the following libretro cores integrated: dosbox_svn, fbalpha, mame2003_plus, mame2016, mednafen_saturn, mgba, mupen64plus, nestopia, pcsx_rearmed, ppsspp, reicast, snes9x (all bleeding edge git). Anyone willing to do some testing for me?

• I am currently working on a LE9 / Lakka "remix" version for the XU3/XU4. I have a working image with RetroArch and the following libretro cores integrated: dosbox_svn, fbalpha, mame2003_plus, mame2016, mednafen_saturn, mgba, mupen64plus, nestopia, pcsx_rearmed, ppsspp, reicast, snes9x (all bleeding edge git). Anyone willing to do some testing for me?

Thank you for this.

Before going to test this on the kodi side is hevc hw decoding supported on the XU4?

And how about HD-audio?

• guess it's linux Mint booted to Kodi... ty.

Sorry if I wasted your time, Just seems weird they dont support a board that afaik has been around like 2 yrs or something.

Edit: Actually, what I wana know is why lol

• Why don’t you give it a spin? It’s not like the emulators will be in your way. I probably won’t maintain images with Kodi in them in the future, but this is a complete LibreELEC build renamed and with some additions. Among other things I added a2dp bluetooth streaming out of the box, play music from any phone or laptop directly to your xu4.

Not sure why the xu4 has «failed» community wise, I think maybe it was ahead of it’s time but with immature driver support. Things are better today but now there are other strong sbc ‘s as well. I’m very happy with it though, it works great. It’s mostly mainlined as well, and soon we will have panfrost.

• I had issues with a retro pi type setup once where I couldnt get the thing stable and swore off those.

I actually boutgt the Xu4 so I could use LE, Wether or not other strong SBC's exist. The fact remains it is a good SBC and should be supported because the internet is full of people trying to make it work lol

I mean sh*t, if the issue is a board. The DEV's can have mine to work on as long as it's sent back.

• You bought it specifically for LE, when it's not even a supported board? Good logic there :)

Now if only there was someone who added support and had an image ready for download, needing testing...... (in a very sarcastic voice)

• You bought it specifically for LE, when it's not even a supported board? Good logic there :)

Now if only there was someone who added support and had an image ready for download, needing testing...... (in a very sarcastic voice)

It's called not knowing before hand lol

In any event, never said or I don't think I did, that I'd never try because truth be told that ubuntu with kodi set as an auto launch user is complete garbage.

That being said, I never asked but is this more of a testing bed that will eventually end as a standalone LE "product" ?

• If you do long term tests, and provide error log files, it would help dev's like escalad

Depending on the menu structure I might need to navigate to for a report. I don't dig into sub systems often. So other than that one section within kodi. I'm walking around blind most likely.