FIXED: LE S905_8.0.2b Broke SMB

• kszaq

I Updated from LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.0-8.0.2a which worked perfectly, to LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.0-8.0.2b. which broke my working SMB Network movie file playback and some files not opening at all.

I updated to 8.0.2e (2017-07-04) got the same bad results.

I then Updated BACK to 8.0-8.0.1a, 8.0-8.0.1l, -8.0-8.0.2a which all worked perfectly.

After -8.0-8.0.2a i Updated to 8.0-8.0.2b. and that is when the issues started.

My 1TB Drive is plugged into my router and files are shared.

Tested with Ethernet and Wireless.

By entering Movies / files section/ add videos/Browse/Windows network (SMB)/WORKGROUP/ and using the path to my Movies Folder i successfully create this as movies and i can see all movies in the list. I did not bother scraping for Artwork at this stage as I'm looking for the fix.

I then choose the First Movie file in the list which does not open. I have to keep scrolling down the list until something opens. When a movie file opens it buffers and plays with terrible results. Also note that the same movie files that open will always open and the one's that don't will never open.

The play back artifacts and buffering are identical on the same Movie file even if i stop the movie and restart it. Identical result at the identical point of the movie.

Nearly half of the movie files will not open.

Testing was done on an old A95X S905X 1GB/8GB

No Addons installed

Please note this issue is present on my new K1 Pro as well.

Using afl1 build.

#1,298

log-2017-07-08-02.29.34.zip

Log: Attempting to open a couple of movie files.

I opened the Movie “Contracted” which plays real bad.

Note : I attached the drive directly into the box and Movie Files Played Perfect.

• Mounting in shell via ssh

I think they mean via the OS (LE) with a mount command rather than via Kodi

I've never needed to do this but now i get what you're advising. This is by no means a solution but willing to try and see results.

So i log in as root and issue command. That i get.

I know my server ip and path to my movies folder.

This is the smb address below.

smb://192.168.0.200/storage0/movies

After i log in as root.

What command do i execute to mount.?

Suggest you try haneWIN NFS Serverfor Window.

Its really easy to install and setting up.

Don't even go there. No windows please.

My Modem /Router has my Storage Drive connected with no PC involved. It has served me well using Kodi. until now.

I run a Mac and issue commands through Terminal Application.

Finder Application sees all my Kodi Devices and their files.

• Quoting from wiki.openelec.tv :

If we're running a Windows server (or Linux server with SAMBA) with a share called tvseries, an IP address of 192.168.0.30 and we're going to mount it at /storage/tvseries we'll have a autostart.sh that looks like:

Bash
    #!/bin/sh
    (sleep 30;
    mount -t cifs -o username=user,rw //192.168.0.30/tvseries /storage/tvseries;
    )&

Hope that helps

• Hope that helps

Thank you for the tip. I had a go with that script but gave up after a couple of errors relating to finding the folder. Don't worry about it.

I then tried UPnP as a source.

My Modem Router also has a UPnP Server as well as SMB for attached USB devices to appear on my Network.

I Set up UPnP file source in Kodi

I browsed and added my Movie Folder as a source for videos.

This method resulted in all Movie Files playback with no issues.

Instant playback no buffering and none of the issues displayed using “SMB”.

Of course library integration and scraping will not work with UPnP but at least i can play files over Network until fix.

Thank you all for reading and replying.:)