Video randomly freezes for a few seconds then continues

• Hi,

So i guess ever since the latest (2) libreelec updates i have noticed that a video is playing and the picture freezes sometimes for about 3-5 seconds and then unfreezes and continues. While the picture is frozen the audio continues as normal.

I have experienced this both in at least last two official libreelec versions (i.e.:8.0.2) downloaded here and also in the latest Vpeter community build (ibreELEC-imx6.arm-8.0.2-3.14-sr).

I use a cubox-i4 pro.

Anyone else experience these issues?

Cheers

• I am experiencing that also, including random screen refreshes (switches between 24 frames and 60 frames).

I removed all network stuff (buffering etc) from advancedsettings.xml and cleared autostart.sh from all ethtool settings. That seems to work for me right now, although there are still micro freezes (fraction of a second) every now and then.

• FYI, there is no need to go the tourist route via Dropbox, LibreELEC has a built-in pastebinit command.

20:13:06.143 T:3033514560 NOTICE: ADDONS: Using repository repository.slashing

Also, using blacklisted repositories will stop any support from LibreELEC and Kodi.

Very helpfull. As expected here. I have no blacklisted addon installed so yeah its very nice to give a non answer based on such bullshit.

You could've gone even easier with your answer: Whatever we broke in the latest release is not a bug but a feature. Or maybe the classic RTFM.

Gotta love the attitude of such high and mighty developers who are looking to help the community. Its a much better answer then i don't know maybe trying to fix whatever you guys broke in the last releases. I guess its more convenient to say that i have a blacklisted repo which i don't even use (again i have no banned addons installed) and then leave it at that and not give a damn about the errors that were introduced in the latest builds which as seen by the previous poster is also affecting others. Cool attitude.

Thanks for nothing bub.

• Official Post

Banned addons are known to have implications on Kodi's internal workings resulting in whatever problems, besides all the legal/illegal bullshit.

Kodi takes a stance on what it deems illegal addons. If you don't like that, tough luck. Our product, our forum, our rules.