Posts by CaptainHero

Hi,

I just found this add-on and installed the latest version under Libreelec 8.2.3 for my Wetek Play 2 device. I have 2 issues which after doing a quick search i have not seen mentioned here.

1. Starting a song from a playlist on my phone and selecting Librespot the song starts and plays fine however if i now want to play a different song and i select it on my phone then Librespot simply goes back to playing the original selected song. The only workaround i found for this is that if i add the song i would like to switch to to my current play queue and then select the song from within the queue it gets played otherwise i am sort of locked into the current play queue no matter what. Within the play queue i can skip forward to different song fine however if i want to play any song that is not in that queue it won't play it.

I checked this behaviour on my LG smart tv which also has a Spotify app installed and there i can control the music just fine. I can jump between songs via my phone without an issue no matter what playlist they are in. So based on this it seems to be a Librespot issue to me.

2. Both ALSA and Kodi output work fine however i have noticed if i choose ALSA as output and turn off my tv after a while the song just stops. When using the Kodi method this does not happen. Any idea why this is happening with the ALSA method?

Cheers

Update: So after i read through the entire thread i found that the issue in point 1 i mentioned has been affecting other users as well. I have also seen that the issue has been fixed with Librespot v115 however that version is only available on LE9. Is there any chance that this issue can be fixed for the LE8 version as well (currently latest version there is v111)? I have issues with Kodi Leia and wouldn't want to upgrade to it just for this one addon to work.

Hi,

(this is a repost into this section of the forum as i realized my original post may have been to the wrong section. sorry for the doubling of posts. The other one can be removed if necessary)

I have the following use case i would like to solve.

I have a NORDVPN subscription which i can already access the built in OpenVPN functionality of Libreelec. I am currently using Kodi Krypton and due to various bugs and also other reasons i will probably not want to update to Kodi 18 Leia in the forseeable future.

I have an LG Smart Tv where i watch Netflix with my paid subscription. What i would like to achieve is to be able to use my WeTek2 Play box which runs Libreelec 8.2.3 with Kodi Krypton on it with working OpenVPN configured for my NORDVPN account and use it as the internet gateway for my LG Smart TV thereby routing the internet traffic of my LG Smart TV through the VPN via the WeTek Play 2 box.

I know i could basically do this the easy way by upgrading to Kodi 18 Leia where Netfilix is already a supported add-on BUT as stated above various bugs in Leia which i don't see to be resolved and also partially convenience to be able to use the LG built in Netflix app drives me to have a different type of solution.

I have already successfully done this scenario with a seperate Raspberry Pi 3 (configured with OpenVPN and setup IP forwarding on the device) of mine where this works great however i would like to avoid the necessity to just have a Raspberry pi box for this purpose when i imagine/hope that i could achieve the same thing on my WeTek Play 2 box running Libreelec as well.

Since OpenVPN is already natively available on Libreelec and with the Zomboided VPN Manager add-on i can quickly adjust my NORDVPN settings the only missing link i don't know how to setup is the IP forwarding same as i have done on the RPI 3 (based on some guide i found on the net) so that my LG smart TV could use the WeTEK2 Play as gateway.

Any tips and instructions on how to do this would be appriciated.

Cheers

FYI, there is no need to go the tourist route via Dropbox, LibreELEC has a built-in pastebinit command.

20:13:06.143 T:3033514560 NOTICE: ADDONS: Using repository repository.slashing

Also, using blacklisted repositories will stop any support from LibreELEC and Kodi.

Very helpfull. As expected here. I have no blacklisted addon installed so yeah its very nice to give a non answer based on such bullshit.

You could've gone even easier with your answer: Whatever we broke in the latest release is not a bug but a feature. Or maybe the classic RTFM.

Gotta love the attitude of such high and mighty developers who are looking to help the community. Its a much better answer then i don't know maybe trying to fix whatever you guys broke in the last releases. I guess its more convenient to say that i have a blacklisted repo which i don't even use (again i have no banned addons installed) and then leave it at that and not give a damn about the errors that were introduced in the latest builds which as seen by the previous poster is also affecting others. Cool attitude.

Thanks for nothing bub.

Hi,

So i guess ever since the latest (2) libreelec updates i have noticed that a video is playing and the picture freezes sometimes for about 3-5 seconds and then unfreezes and continues. While the picture is frozen the audio continues as normal.

I have experienced this both in at least last two official libreelec versions (i.e.:8.0.2) downloaded here and also in the latest Vpeter community build (ibreELEC-imx6.arm-8.0.2-3.14-sr).

I use a cubox-i4 pro.

Anyone else experience these issues?

Cheers

Repeats can be adjusted like this (so I heard): Fixing Repeats
    I hope someone more qualified will complement my answer.

Thanks for your answer.

Certainly a solution could be (in case it even is a solution to this problem in this case) to use a workaround in now adjusting the remote to these changed circumstances (will look into it) however in my humble opinion it would be more a task to fix whatever got broken since 7.95.3 that was working perfectly fine in all other releases up to 7.95.2. Reason being even if the adjustments work who is to say something dosen't get broken again in a future release if the developers are not aware of what is causing this issue to begin with.

Interesting to read this because i have the exact same issues on my cubox i4pro (imx6.arm) since 7.95.3 version.

Currently i am trying a different build by a community member which so far at least (since yesterday) has not caused this crash.

It seems then whatever happened since 7.95.3 is not just related to the cubox architechture then...

LibreELEC-imx6.arm-8.0.0-sr-3.14.img.gz
    Install from scratch or update previous install.

I upgraded with this version and will see how it goes. The remote skipping seems to be gone however strangly when navigating menus now instead of the double jumps in the menus now i have only the sound which sometimes gives me a double ding instead of the one time when moving once. Guess this is still better then jumping through the menus.

Will see how the uptime goes with this version or if the whole system freezes also with this one after a while.

I know certain issues exist with later releases but none of those listed - I'd try @vpeters kernel 3,14 version for now.

Remember the IMX6 version is community based, so the more people who use it, the easier it is to solve issues and move the IMX6 build forward.

Index of /imx6-solidrun-kernel-3.14/

So which of the files should i download? Also how do i apply them to test it out?

Cheers

Since 7.95.3 release something has changed because my system freezes in less then 24 hours running time. This happens consistently. Kodi and other services (sickrage, nzbget etc) also fail to respond and only a full hard unplug resets everything back.

No new services or add ons have been installed on my end since 7.95.2 that could've triggered such a behaviour. When reverting back to 7.95.2. the issues disspears.

I also have a remote issue since 7.95.3 where my Logitech Harmony One remotes inputs are often triggered twice.