Hyperion issue: playback slowdown and halting.

• No luck with 8.1.1, I recall reading in another thread that this is related to the kernel governer, is raybunyu using the same governer?

I only removed kernel log spam by request. Please note that Hyperion does not work in Raybuntu's Krypton build, only in Leia - at least that's what Marciano reported.

• I only removed kernel log spam by request. Please note that Hyperion does not work in Raybuntu's Krypton build, only in Leia - at least that's what Marciano reported.

kszaq i edited my post earlier and did a later test with latest raybuntu's build and i have no issues after i modified my advancedsettings..

Don't know if that was related but issues no more.

Sorry for confusion.

• What edits did you make to the advanced settings?

Code
      <cache>
       <buffermode>1</buffermode>
       <memorysize>157286400</memorysize>
       <readfactor>40</readfactor>
      </cache>

I put this in my advancedsettings.

After this i have no more lags or slowdowns or freezes with hyperion and live tv and other local media...

I also did some changes with smoothing in my hyperion.config.json

Running this for a week now and all good.

rb-krypton15.3 odroid C2.

• Unfortunately i was watching a x265 local movie over the network with hyperion and the issue was there with rb-krypton15.3.

I didn't have this issue past week.

It comes about 1 hour watching movie then the movie going slowdown and lag and eventually it freezes.

Will try tomorrow with a x264 file.

• Marciano, i believe that issue related to framebuffer handling, not to caching.

kszaq, thank you for klog fix! Pity that it didn't help. Hope somebody skilled will decide to investigate this problem someday :) For now, there is no working Hyperion on Amlogic LE..

Edited once, last by vevs (July 25, 2017 at 3:51 PM).

• Question. Is the AV out always active? Or does it work only if no HDMI cable is connected? I have unfortunately no AV cable with my box with it, and can not test it unfortunately. If both are active, I would connect my AV Grabber for testing to the AV Out.

• I just tried hyperion from the LE repo. Played a 2 hour 1080p dtshd movie without any issues. I didnt change anything in the advancedsettings.xml.

My system:

M8s ii 2/8 gb

8.0.2e (internal nand)

I'll keep on testing:shy:

Edit: livetv stuttering after ca 10 minutes

Edit2: livetv stuttering gone. Could have been a crane in front of the dish:dodgy:

Edit3: i have to correct myself. I have also got the stuttering. The settings marciano postet didnt have any effect

Edited 3 times, last by Momo90 (July 31, 2017 at 2:59 PM).

• The effect is obviously there in all AML builds. I have it for weeks on my C2 and on my M8S II. From what I see, it is totally random and has nothing to do with bitrate or codec (264/265) or build. What generally helps is to lower the frequency in Hyperion and obviously the window size. In my setup I typically have it once every 2-4 hours, but can also be right after five minutes. It seems to be tricky, as lot of people reported it, but is has not been caught yet. So, I am afraid, patience is the way to go.