G18 (G18REF, Matricom MX2, Generic Droid-TV) with Amlogic 8726MX SoC

• Very kind thank you :angel:

I used this file and everything works great at first then I lost sound and in audio output the audio output device setting it is greyed out and set to Bluetooth. Anyone experience this before. I reflashed and sound come back but loses it again after sometime. :huh:

• I've encountered a problem with this firmware for the good old MX2 box. On some newer TV's it won't give a video output directly after booting. It shows the bootscreens in 720P, but the moment the output switches to 1080p the video is blank. On some TV's the picture is just black, there seems to be a signal, since the TV indicates the image is 1080p, but the screen is just black.

The box works fine with OpenELEC 6.0, just not always with some TV's on LibreELEC 7.0.x. Does anybody know what the problem could be and how to solve it?

• I've encountered a problem with this firmware for the good old MX2 box. On some newer TV's it won't give a video output directly after booting. It shows the bootscreens in 720P, but the moment the output switches to 1080p the video is blank. On some TV's the picture is just black, there seems to be a signal, since the TV indicates the image is 1080p, but the screen is just black.

The box works fine with OpenELEC 6.0, just not always with some TV's on LibreELEC 7.0.x. Does anybody know what the problem could be and how to solve it?

No solution, but I would upgrade from 6.0 to Nemsis's 7.0. It's OpenElec as welll, and you get Jarvis to boot.

• I'm confused now. Are you saying I should bring the box back to (Open)Elec 6.0 and then upgrade it to Nemesis 7.0? How should I do that? I don't have a .tar file to put into the update folder of OpenElec for this build. Do you have one?

I installed Nemesis' MX2 LibreElec via SD card this on a box which previously was running on OpenElec 6.0 (Kodi 15), I used this file and assume this is the Nemesis' MX2 LibreElec version we are both talking about:
    LibreELEC-Amlogic.MX2.arm-7.0.2.003_EXTRACT_ME_ON_ROOT_SD.zip

This works OK on a non-4k or non-UHD TV. But on newer 4K TV's it gives a problem. I've seen that Silvio had a different problem with a UHD capable TV here: LibreELEC

Silvio solved his problem with his TV by reinstalling OpenElec 6.0 (Kodi 15):

I finally solved my issue,
    it is probably related to the "Elec" os 7.x or Kodi 16.x.
    By using anorther bundle with a previous elec version (6.03) and Kodi 15.2 it works very fine !
    Now I'm able to select 1080p o 4k as screen relolution !

I would like to know if the problem can be solved in OpenElec 7.0 for this box. It probably has something to do with the HDMI handshake and the box not knowing to do when the TV tells the box that it can also handle 4K. The box needs to be clear that 1080 is the limit ;)

Edited once, last by Bruur (October 22, 2016 at 2:40 PM).

• If Nemsis has Libre Elec file, he/she also has an open elec tar file.
    MEGA
    Let me know if this works for you.
    Nick

Thanks a lot! I've finally come around to upgrade a MX box from OpenELEC 6.0 (with Kodi 15.2) to this version of OpenELEC from Nemisis72 (based on OpenELEC 6.95? or 7.0? with Kodi 16.0).

It works good, seems a bit snappier than LibreELEC. But that might be wishful thinking on my side. Power off from Kodi works now as it used to: it doesn't make the box hang , yet the led stays blue. You have to power it off completely by pressing on the power button on the remote. This was always how it worked with OpenELEC on the MX box.

I haven't tried the box yet on a 4K TV because I don't have one, but I will try it somewhere within a week. I'll report back with results.

• Ok been running libreelec on couple of mx2. I've problems where it says hardware repair after turning it on. It seems like it's trying repair but it just keeps running commands but never get fix. So I have to reinstall libreelec. On other occasions it would keep rebooting on Jarvis screen and if I unplug or turn it off and on it keeps doing the same then I would go into recovery mode and wipe cache and reboot from there to get it to work. Is any one else having this problem?? I'm thinking about running nemesis OE seeing if that would fix it.

• If Nemsis has Libre Elec file, he/she also has an open elec tar file.
    MEGA
    Let me know if this works for you.
    Nick

Finally came around to test this OpenElec version for Kodi 16 on a 4K TV. But unfortunatly the same results as the LibreElec (Kodi 16) version. After the bootlogo the screens turns black. I've only encountered this problem on the MX box, other boxes MXQ, MXIII-G work fine with LibreElec (and Kodi 16) on a 4K TV.

Still the only solution if you have a 4K TV and the good old MX box is to run it on OpenElec 6.0 (Kodi 15).

• Tried installing LibreElec.
    It starts to boot fine, can see the LibreElec logo etc but then my screen goes grey. And nothing else happens.
    Was previously using Nemesis OE Jarvis 16.
    Device I'm using is an MX2? Any help would be appreciated. Cheers

• Ok been running libreelec on couple of mx2. I've problems where it says hardware repair after turning it on. It seems like it's trying repair but it just keeps running commands but never get fix. So I have to reinstall libreelec. On other occasions it would keep rebooting on Jarvis screen and if I unplug or turn it off and on it keeps doing the same then I would go into recovery mode and wipe cache and reboot from there to get it to work. Is any one else having this problem?? I'm thinking about running nemesis OE seeing if that would fix it.

I get that a lot as well :(

Edited once, last by jellywobbles (November 17, 2016 at 12:26 PM).

• Hi Guys
    I also tried to use this firmware Libre 7.02.003 on the TV-box AML8726-mx with internal S2 tuner AVL6277.

There are severals problems:
    1. The original remote control is not working. You can fix it simple. Just need to copy the correct file remote.conf into the storage\.config and reboot
    remote.zip

2. But I can't install the PVR client from libre repository (can't connect)
    I' ve try to install pvr.tvs 2.2.12, it's installed, but kodi is reboot after TV enable.
    Maybe anybody has a tvheadend (TVH) client for this build? Please share.

3. Also there is not a driver for internal tuner AVL6277 in the system

Edited once, last by zonder33 (January 19, 2017 at 7:14 AM).

• I get that a lot as well :(

I'm getting this on one of my boxes too. In my case it seems that the problem is simply the NAND flash wear-out (What is NAND flash wear-out? - Definition from WhatIs.com). I've solved it by building an image which uses SD card for storage instead of the internal NAND.

I am now trying to make a new build for MX2/G18 based on LE 8.0 (thread-4858.html). I can build a version with storage on SD card of this too. Or I can share the build I currently use for my own box (based on original codesnake's OE 6.0.3 with storage on SD card and RetroPlayer 15.2 included).