DVD/Title Menus rarely appear

• When playing DVDs or ISOs I've noticed with LibreELEC that the title menu/dvd menu of the disk often doesn't appear. The menu music/sound or sound will play (once the trailers are skipped or played), and pressing Enter/OK will start the movie. Trying to jump to the title menu always yields a frozen image of the whatever was just playing, with the correct sound for the menu. Selecting a submenu typically loads the menu image and everything is good until a track is played, then its back to moving the invisible cursor on the invisible menu.

This was not a problem I often had with OpenELEC and don't recall having with Kodi prior to moving to OE/LE. I'm running 8.0.2, installed using the manual update feature of the LibreELEC menu.

Any ideas?

Thanks

• apologies for the slow reply.

Pastebin of log is ZPLK

First video, "The Sandlot", menu loads fine, second video "One Crazy Summer" menu fails to load, pressing enter on blank screen starts video correctly.

Thanks

• I was/am having the same issues with Kodi Krypton. Through testing i found It's not limited to LibreELEC.

I foun out this same behavior is visible on a Kodi Krypton install via ppa on Ubuntu and any Krypton build on my Wetek hubs (haven't tried Krypton on my Pi) Also tried a agile leia build from GDPR-1 and the problematic DVD's seemed to play fine on that.

I will see if i have any additional log files from the devices i tried it on. But i personally recently made the decision to convert all my DVD's to mkv. Have no need for the menu, extra's etc. Although that may not be something you may wish to do.

• Not quite the exact problem i encountered but as it seems DVD playback is not quite functional in Krypton. My DVD's (ripped them to ISO format on my NAS) eventually will start to play. Just have to wait long enough for it to start. Think it has something to do with commercial's etc that play before you get to the menu. For now i stick with Jarvis untill i've converted them all to mkv. After that i can switch to Krypton without problems.

• Official Post

You could also try a milhouse nightly for a test and see if that fixes something. I have a lot of DVD ISOs with menu and they all play fine for me on Krypton. So we can't reproduce this issue and it would really be interesting if a Kodi 18 version will fix things for you.

You could also mention some DVDs (the moviename itself) and I will buy one, to see if I can reproduce it. Same region assumed.

• It's not just ISOs - I find the behavior consistent (either works or doesn't work) between the original DVD and the ISO.

Since posting, I've confirmed that the behavior appears to be Kodi related, as it also fails on my Kodi installations on Linux not just LibreELEC.