Touchsupport

• I also used with both files and every time when I start calibrating the wheel spins and nothing happens. Is what must be superuser? Is it possible to know the pattern of operation of the addon?

Edited once, last by sengol (September 23, 2016 at 1:56 PM).

• Is it possible to know the pattern of operation of the addon?

There is a daemon named ts_uinput_touch which translates tslib events to uinput. This daemon gets events from touchscreen using tslib library. On the other end it creates one new virtual device using uinput kernel module that allows to handle the input subsystem from user land. Inside application data from tslib is translated to uinput events. That's why this daemon must start BEFORE kodi so kodi can use this new virtual input device.
    And this daemon must have two config files: ts.conf and ts_env.sh located in addon's userdata folder. Without this 2 files whole stuff will not work (meaning calibration addon will not start and get the touch points). Configuration is more explained on link in my signature.

• uimapper: this was the reason I made alternative solution.

sengol, without telling what issues you have there is no one could help you. Do you even get events from screen (stop kodi, run evtest, select correct input)? I think you should because egalax screen is enabled in kernel.

Edited once, last by vpeter (October 4, 2016 at 9:13 AM).

• Hi,

i don't know how to compile a new kernel with kodi 17.
    My prolem ist that i have no entrys in eventlist from my touch after update from Kodi 16 to Kodi 17.
    I have no solution now. Maybe it is a problem of kodi 17 used kernel.

Edited once, last by Schorschi79 (October 5, 2016 at 9:20 AM).

• Hi vpeter

I was running 7.0.2 and wanted to implement the touchscreen. The screen works fine, but not the touch portion. So I followed the suggestions you made in post #59 (or see below) and downloaded the addons and tried to load them. Because I was on 7.0.2 the addons couldn't install, they require Kodi 17 so like Schorschi79, I upgraded to 7.90.007 and got stuck: when my Raspberry Pi B boots, I can see the splashscreen on my touchscreen, but it then fades to white. Kodi is up and running: I can ssh in, and my iphone app sees it, but the screen doesn't receive a signal. When I use a normal monitor, I get the same. Any idea what might have caused this? Are there log files you'd need to see to help diagnose?

Thanks!!
    Mark

Edited once, last by mrhk13 (October 24, 2016 at 2:28 AM).

• vpeter - no I couldn't set up ts.conf and ts_env.sh. I wanted to do that using the addon-from-zip method mentioned earlier in this thread. The zip files didn't work on 7.0.2 so I upgraded to 7.90.007. That's when my screen stopped working. I checked and ts_env and ts.conf are not on the system.

mrhk13, did you setup ts.conf and ts_env.sh? And if you remove this addon folder does it start?

• This two files MUST be copied/edited manually. Maybe one day this could be possible from addon settings but at the moment I don't have this on my plan.
    If you don't have this 2 files then daemon is not started. I assume something else went wrong in your case for not seeing kodi. To be sure remove addon folder /storage/.kodi/addons/service.system.touchscreen.

• Okay. I understand those files are needed but where do the files need to go to? In post #59 in this thread there is a .zip file that contains both the files and quite a few other files. What needs to be copied where? Like post #59 suggested I thought I could install this using the addon from zip feature. But if I cannot see the screen, I cannot do that.

Thanks for the prompt replies!

This two files MUST be copied/edited manually. Maybe one day this could be possible from addon settings but at the moment I don't have this on my plan.
    If you don't have this 2 files then daemon is not started. I assume something else went wrong in your case for not seeing kodi. To be sure remove addon folder /storage/.kodi/addons/service.system.touchscreen.

• In that post it is written /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.system.tslib.

I hope I will finish this in next few days, commit everything and then official addon can be installed. BUt even in this case some help from users would be required - as I wrote I don't have any generic touchscreen and can't cover all possible combinations.

Edited once, last by vpeter (October 24, 2016 at 7:14 PM).

• Hi vpeter

No luck. I copied the two files into the directory - that didn't change anything. I don't think it is to do with the touchscreen setting: the screen looks fine initially, showing the "libreelec alpha" splashscreen, but doesn't change and then fades to white. When I play with the resolution and refresh rate using the official remote app on my phone, I see a change on the screen, but still no clear image. So it seems that at some point during the boot/loading of kodi, the video settings change or the video signal is not being sent via hdmi. I've played around with the settings in config.txt and nothing seems to help. Any more ideas? Any log files I should look at?

Thanks for your help!

In that post it is written /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.system.tslib.

I hope I will finish this in next few days, commit everything and then official addon can be installed. BUt even in this case some help from users would be required - as I wrote I don't have any generic touchscreen and can't cover all possible combinations.